Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

CD players for 1991 240 SE

Views : 826

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 10:37   #1
GJM

Hey guys,

You may remember me as the 16 yr old 240 nut, well ive been doing some research and found a nice cheap insurance quote and and nice £300 240 that a guy i know is selling, its been looked after reeeeaaaallllyyyy well and i love it. Hopefully come september i'll be driving it. It a 240 SE 2 letre.

I have two questions,
1) Does any body know how (approx) miles to the gallon it will do?

and...

2) The SE has a really odd radio/tape player, not rectangle but kinda odly shaped to fit in with the dash. It also seems to be part of the dash. Any SE owners tell me what they've done to get CD players into their SE ? Can you fit normal CD players to it ok ? Did you have to do some DIY ? Or can you get Volvo 240 CD players from the 1993 Torsalanda or something that fit the SE ?

Anybody help me ?

Cheers, Graham
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 11:43   #2
Ben O Brien

Default RE: CD players for 1991 240 SE

Hi,

We get around 25 mpg from a 89 245 B200E with a five speed manual box,

The radio is actually a normal shape radio (din) but its got a plastic surround around it, itunscrews once you remove some trim around it,
I am at present fitting a sony xplod cd changer, head unit and subwoofer to this same car, ill let you know how i get on but there doesnt seem to be any problems so far,

If you dont mind me asking whats a reasonable insurance quote? Hopefully next year ill be driving my 245 and ive been quoted 3200 euro on a provisional and 2400 on a full license but thats as a named driver with my dad as the main driver,Based in ireland by the way hence the euro,

*WTD: Rare 240/242 Parts, please pm if you have anything*
Ben O Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 18:04   #3
GJM

OK, ive been looking at Tesco's insurance, very very very very good and cheap. We've done it so that my mum (53yrs old) is the main driver and im a named driver (17 yrs old). We live in the Cheshire countryside, it will be kept in a garage and mum had a few years 'no clain bonuss' and under Thrid Part Fire and Theft. All together with Tescos it came to around £650, the AA, Nation Famers Union and another insurance company were quoting me around £1500 odd for the 1991 240 SE. INCREDIBLE ! Tescos = £600 Others = £1500

So hopefully I'll be driving a nice 1991 240 SE in September. =0]

Please keep me notified on how you do installing all your sound equipment, cheers !

Grey
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 19:35   #4
morsing
Premier Member

Default RE: CD players for 1991 240 SE

Hi,
I was quoted £1200 - £1500 pounds for my '88 240 GLT from the high street companies but AXA quoted me £380. Very good.
I did choose not to commute only do 800m a year and a few others though.

Cheers
'70 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
'95 Saab 9000 CSE 2.0 Turbo Auto
morsing is offline   Reply With Quote