Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

User Profiles and Seat Postioning - Intermittent Fault

Views : 1301

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 11:16   #1
kjewers

Default User Profiles and Seat Postioning - Intermittent Fault

Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere but I searched in vain for anyone else posting a similar issue.

I took ownership of a new XC60 in October 2018 and am generally happy with the vehicle so far.

We do, however, have an issue with the driver's seat not automatically re-positioning itself when one or other of me or my wife use the car after the other of us has used it last. (I have set up 2 user profiles as per the user manual and paired them to each of our respective keys. These profiles include very different driver seat positions for each of us).

Sometimes, the driver's seat moves as required automatically when the driver's door is unlocked but (more frequently), it does not. This then requires us to press the appropriate memory button in the driver's door to re-position the seat ('manually').

The correct User Profile is definitely being picked up from each of our keys (you can see this from the Profile name blinking in the centre console display on start-up, and other profile elements like the radio station are being selected correctly). Please note that we currently have not 'locked' our profiles such that minor adjustments made whilst driving are retained.

I have noticed that when remote start is selected via the Volvo on-call App and the engine is thus running before unlocking the car, the seat position appears to be moved to correctly.

This made me initially wonder whether this function is any way linked to the battery charge but now suspect that this is not the case as the seats sometimes do not move even after the car has just been on a long journey.

The car has been into our dealer we bought it from twice for this to be looked at but on both occasions they drew a blank (the second occasion being linked to a complete software upgrade so I know it is on the latest version of this). They also are supposed to have flagged this to Volvo but are telling me that this issue has not been reported by anyone else.

Has anyone else experienced this with the latest XC60 model?

Any suggestions / advice would be welcomed.
kjewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2019, 09:06   #2
jonnyu

Hello,
I had the same issue as you, my XC60 is 2 months newer than yours.
What you have to do is to setup the profile with a key and your desired driving position. Then go to car settings and in the profile area choose the option of "block this profile". You should save the settings and then block the profile settings.
This way, the car will always remember your definitions for a specific key.

When you have your profile blocked and if you change something and want to save that change, before you turn off your car, go to the notifications area, choose the driver profile, you will find a save icon there, press it, wait 3 seconds and then turn off the car.
Old Feb 6th, 2019, 21:24   #3
kjewers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
Hello,
I had the same issue as you, my XC60 is 2 months newer than yours.
What you have to do is to setup the profile with a key and your desired driving position. Then go to car settings and in the profile area choose the option of "block this profile". You should save the settings and then block the profile settings.
This way, the car will always remember your definitions for a specific key.

When you have your profile blocked and if you change something and want to save that change, before you turn off your car, go to the notifications area, choose the driver profile, you will find a save icon there, press it, wait 3 seconds and then turn off the car.
Many thanks for your suggestion - this has done the trick. I had thought about doing this but couldn’t really see why it would change things. I’ll have to update my dealer as they clearly did not realise this.

On a completely different note, the other curiosity that I have with my XC60 is that sometimes the central display of the car schematic goes off quickly on start-up once all the self-checks have been completed, but sometimes it stays on much longer, even though there are no warnings being highlighted (I.e. all doors are closed, seatbelts on, tailgate closed etc.). I can’t see ny pattern to this behaviour and had hoped that the recent software upgrade would have corrected this, but it hasn’t.

Has your car exhibited this at all?

All the best,
Keith
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 09:32   #4
jonnyu

Yes,
If that annoys you, just click on the O button on the steering wheel on the right. It will dismiss the check right away.

How did I found this?

On the right hand of the steering wheel, the key that allows you to access the shortcuts (like phone, media, navigation etc) wouldn't work immediately when I would start the car. And why? because the button would activate the option of whatever is presenting at the moment on the central display. And when you turn on the car, the information about the seat belts bla bla bla was the info being presented on the center display.
So if i quickly click on the OK button (O button) on the right hand side of the steering wheel, that information would be dismissed and you will have immediate access to the shortcut button to display phone media or navigation options.
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 12:10   #5
kjewers

Thanks again for this. I have indeed been dismissing the display using the steering wheel 'O' button which I agree is very straightforward. My query is really why this feature is inconsistent and whether the fact the car schematic display does not always disappear automatically is indicative of there actually being a fault that it is warning me of without it being obvious what this is. Does yours perform in the same manner?
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 14:38   #6
jonnyu

Yes.
This could may be just a software bug that will be solved in the future.
But it's true, sometimes it's a bit annoying.

I've already detected a lot of other software flaws that I hope they will fix it eventually.
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 10:17   #7
kjewers

Agreed. As I mentioned, I had hoped it would be resolved by the latest software upgrade which was applied to my car the other week, but this has had no effect as far as this particular 'feature' is concerned.

I would be interested in hearing about any of the other software flaws you have encountered, if you are prepared to share.

The only other main one we have encountered so far was when the car on its own volition chose to switch to my wife's profile when I was driving (and she was at home with her key). Luckily, it did not choose to alter the seat's position thankfully or it could have been potentially dangerous. It has only done this once so I hope it will not recur - perhaps the protecting of the profiles that you suggested will also ensure that this cannot happen.
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 10:34   #8
jonnyu

Here's the list:
-with my profile, once the car connected to the phone but not to the internet. I had to uncheck and check again in the bluetooth connected devices to allow the connection to the internet
-with my profile, once the car "forgot" that the seats should be heated automatically once I start using the car
-the wipers started to work at full speed without being activated by me, then they stopped with an error message that I should get a service done to the wipers. Then, after this error if you turn off the car and turn on again, no message was recorded in the message section of the car.
-I have the panoramic roof and I set the option for the car to close the sunshade automatically if the car is too hot. The sunshade closes everytime when i lock the car no matter if the car is hot or not.
-with my profile, the system forgot my login details in certain applications like tunein
-while using the bluetooth calling someone, the car disconnects from the phone and reconnects over and over again

still, i love this car.
Old Dec 3rd, 2022, 19:02   #9
NickRno77

I’m getting similar issues on my S60 2019. Has your issues been fixed in software or do you just lock your profile to workaround the issue. Thanks.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...emory+unlocked

Last edited by NickRno77; Dec 3rd, 2022 at 21:02.
NickRno77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2022, 20:03   #10
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRno77 View Post
I’m getting similar issues on my S60 2019. Has you issues been fixed in software of do you just lock your profile to workaround the issue. Thanks.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...emory+unlocked
Just lock the profile for each key once you are fully happy with your selections, have you named your individual keys or left them as factory?
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:

Tags
memory, seats, user profiles