Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1997 s40 t4

Views : 1263

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 11:16   #1
puntodan
Master Member

Default 1997 s40 t4

Due to buying a new house and needing to raise a bit of extra money to pay for solicitor fees and what not I sadly have to part with the T4!

It is a 1997 S40 T4 in metallic green. Engine is totally standard and has covered 92,000 miles backed up by the old MOT's etc. It has just had new 02 sensors fitted and had a service with genuine Volvo parts late last year, is due a filter and oil change which I will do before it goes. Has a standard but not genuine exhaust fitted, smaller tail pipe but not affecting performance in anyway shape or form.

Has had new drop links, about a year ago. Has been lowered on the front and has had new discs and pads on the front last year as well. 16" BBS Crator wheels in anthracite with 4 good tyres. Inside it has full heated leather, and the rare rear booster seats installed. Has a boost gauge installed in the drivers air vent. Team Heicko wind deflectors fitted all round and a black plain egg crate grill.

There are strut braces front and rear which has improved the handling a lot around corners.

It is MOT'd until June 2013 (will confirm exact date) and taxed for 5 months.

There are a few car park dinks around the body and a crack in the rear bumper but nothing major.

Now the bad part, the car was classed as a CAT C write off due to uneconomical repairs, needed a bumper, headlight and indicator, wing and bonnet. I have pictures of the damage that has all now been repaired and has passed the VIC test so is all legal and above board. The wing bumper and bonnet are a slightly different shade although difficult to see unless you are really looking for it.

This doesn't detract from how good the car is in anyway, it is a genuine low mileage T4 that has had quite a lot of love from me and I will be sad to see it go, but want it to go to a good home! I have loads of spares to go with it, lights, wheels, engine parts etc. to keep it going forever.

Pictures:

I would ideally like £800 ono with all the spares and bits that go with it. I am open to sensible offers, try your hand. Please feel free to ask anything I have forgotten to mention.

Dan

Last edited by puntodan; Apr 19th, 2013 at 11:18.
puntodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 12:12   #2
s40madness

hey buddy, cracking looking car where abouts in surrey are you based?
s40madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 12:20   #3
puntodan
Master Member

Not far from Croydon, but willing to meet somewhere mutual if required.

Dan
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 12:28   #4
s40madness

i work in tunbridge wells so not too far away, would you consider selling the car cheaper without all the spares? or if i were to take everything, what spares do you have with the vehicle? Tom
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 13:30   #5
puntodan
Master Member

7 Gaspara wheels, the standard silver wheels the early T4's came with.
Many coil un cracked packs
Headlights, indicators, rear lights, fog lights
Several MAF's, spare air box
Hoses, pipes, spare rad and intercooler.
Similar wheels to the BBS crators, set of 4.
An uncracked rear bumper that needs painting
Engine covers

Loads of bits and bobs to keep the car going for quite some time yet! i would rather it all went with the car to be honest, unless someone needs something I might sell some of the bits separate.

You are welcome to come and look at the car and see what you think to it. Both my cars are up sale (Alfa Romeo 166 V6) so I will keep which ever one doesn't sell.

Dan
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 16:48   #6
s40madness

sounds like some moneys worth of bits! well the most important part for me, if i come and see the car and want it and give you a deposit, would you give me until the 2nd of may to pick it up and pay for it?