Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear outer bushes

Views : 480

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 13th, 2011, 13:27   #1
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Default Rear outer bushes

Iam gonna have a crack at these in the next week or so, any tips apart from heating the old ones up to melt the plastic?

I have a Mahoosive slide hammer that could dislocate a horses neck, so I was thinking of using that to yank the gits out after warming them up
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 14:02   #2
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

Good luck mate its a bstard of a job, i did one side and took it to the garage for the other side lol
deathrider311271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 14:52   #3
Andy Northface
Where's that 18mm socket?

I would anchor the delta arm once it's all loosened to the back of the car with a ratchet strap and use another to put a steady tension on the bush itself and then just burn the plastic bush till it pops out! Remember DON't bang the new bush all the way home! You have got to line the hole up that secures the bush to the delta arm.http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=123293

Last edited by Andy Northface; Aug 13th, 2011 at 15:25.
Andy Northface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy Northface For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 17:08   #4
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy north face View Post
I would anchor the delta arm once it's all loosened to the back of the car with a ratchet strap and use another to put a steady tension on the bush itself and then just burn the plastic bush till it pops out! Remember DON't bang the new bush all the way home! You have got to line the hole up that secures the bush to the delta arm.http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=123293
Top man, I like the ratchet strap idea, I have plenty of 5/10 tonne straps, very useful tool!
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 17:09   #5
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy north face View Post

Do the newe ones slide in easy enough or do i need to chamfur the edge and grease the bastids up?
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 18:10   #6
Andy Northface
Where's that 18mm socket?

If I remember right you are using the Scantech ones,the same as me,they were already chamfered.I didn't use grease but you could if you want.I just lined the bush up and tapped the plastic insert evenley on each side till it was in place.When you see the new bush you will see what I mean.
Andy Northface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy Northface For This Useful Post: