Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 t5 gt

Views : 828

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 28th, 2008, 17:22   #1
pistolpete

Default C70 t5 gt

Right staring from the outside
Its a volvo C70 T5 (cop car one) GT (all the extras) tax till Jan and mot till aug
In the pics the colour does not look the best but in person i think its great. the colour is called Saffron
With it being the GT model you have the 18"BBS alloys that are standard currently wrapped in michellin rubber
The wheels are remarkable clean next to no marks on them
It has the front headlight washer jets and heated wing mirrors
under the car is also very clean i have pics of this
The bad bits on the out side are. a small piece of laqure (or however you spell it)
and a small piece of laqure peeling under the door but neither of the above you really notice
It also has the 2number numberplate standard on the T5

Under the bonnet
You have a very smooth volvo 5 cylinder 2.3 turbo engine with an auto box with eco mode, sport mode and winter mode.
produces a very nice surge and make a lovely lovely noise and pulls very hard all the way through the range, remember this is a big car and does not feel you are going anywhere near as fast as you are where it is just soooo smooth
Its done 91,00 miles cam belt done at 72,000 and with a volvo engine its just bedded in, use no oil use no water as you would expect and start first time evertime.
All the engine bay is clean and tidy you can tell it is has been looked after all its life
Which is where the bad point comes in, I saw the service history fully by volvo at the dealer i bought but between the time of seeing it and then it having a service and me picking it up the book has been lost. So unfortunatly i can only say when the cam belt was done. I would not say i had seen service history if i hadn't but there is no way to prove it. Except if you see the car you will know straight away.
I do however have all the other book and documentation for the car.

The interior
This is very very clean
creamish leather with creamish dash and some wood inserts which re tastefull and not over the top
the seat are full heated and fully electric will full memory. They also move forward electrically when you need to get in the back. Also very very comfortable. Not really any marks on them, of rips just normal leather marks
The stereo i have never heard such a good stereo system as standard. it has 2 amp 10 speakers and a subwoofer all as standard, the sound is not only loud but so so clear. you would never need to upgrade the speakers. which headunit it comes with depends on the money it sells for, i have the standard headunit but the code i have does not match. but it wil have a headunit in it.
the back seat have lots and lots of legroom and very comfortable
the dash is very clean but has a small mark facing the passenger side where there must have been a hands free kit at one time.
I have both sets of keys and original alarm fobs all working
The boot is huge i managed to fit 4 sets of golf clubs in and still some room for the bags!!!

Overall i think this car is a lot of car for the money. it is a great comfortable drive quiet but noisy when you want it to be, smooth but fast when you need it.
A very underestimated car

any water in the pics is from where i just washed it
also the car is parked the same place every night and there are no marks from it on the concrete

Will be very sorry too see it go. only selling due to wanting a motorbike

cheers
pete
peteandkel@btinternet.com

offers around the £2200

pistolpete is offline   Reply With Quote