Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2003 V70 2.4 petrol auto for sale MOT until march 2016

Views : 550

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 27th, 2015, 23:10   #1
drbolton

Default 2003 V70 2.4 petrol auto for sale MOT until march 2016

Selling my V70, Ive had it for 5 years, and its done just about 194,000 miles.
Silver, auto with elec windows, aircon, alloys, usual stuff. Been a great car for the last five years, never let me down, but I have got a diesel as I'm doing a lot more miles now,(52-55mpg on the diesel against 25-28 mpg for the volvo is the reason for sale !) so simply dont need the volvo anymore. Its a pity, as we all love it, I am still driving it on regular short trips,(I use the diesel for any distance driving) but the volvo is just a lot nicer to drive than my diesel avensis, given the straight choice about which is better, the volvo wins hands down, its just the economy factor, but I really cant afford to run 2 cars, so it has to go! Has a few dents and little bumps etc., but just ask for any more info and i will be glad to let anyone know what they want to know and send some photos, i havent figured out how to put them on here?
Of course I am looking for as much as possible for it, have it up for £800 which to be fair I think is about right. You cant really get too much for that nowadays, never mind as much as this car has going for it, surely it has to be worth that?? Didn't mention the sound system is standard volvo, but sounds really good, 8 speakers i think.
I have looked to see what is about with mot for that long and ready to go, and theres not a lot for this price! The auto box does occasionally take maybe half a second to engage when first driven after it hasnt gone anywhere for a few days, but after that its fine and the car drives well. ( I was told it was probably the fluid level, and I have got some genuine fluid to top up with, but after checking, it seems fine, so i havent used it.) I had to get the instrument panel fixed for the last MOT , as the dials were jumping all over the place, and since I put it back in again, it shows an error message, but all lights on the dash go out as they should. (it says it will do this on the reciept for the instrument panel), but only the orange triangle shows not the red one. It passed the MOT as it is now, needed the instruments as mentioned and rear shocks, had front wishbones for last years mot, and front bushes too, brake pipes the year before which cost about £600 i think from memory... There are no rattles, smoke, etc., starts straightaway, uses no water, I've topped up with 1lt oil in the last year, doesn't overheat, so there are absolutely no problems as far as i know with the engine, it has good tyres all round, and i would happily drive it anywhere right now. The car has taken us all over for our summer holidays in comfort, and as i have said, i will really miss it. Saving up for a D5 V70, as I know I am going to miss this V70 so much, its so nice as comfy to drive! Please bear in mind, the age(it is NOT pristine to say the least, but scrubs up quite well !!, drivers seat has some stitching undone, the back seats/floor has the odd haribo/etc., and is a little grubby from kids muddy shoes, had a little dink in front wing where i misjudged a wooden post when parking, passenger side mirror needs replacing after some idiot didnt see the car when parked, luckily saw it at the last minute and only caught the mirror, but didnt stop... and the drivers side mirror housing has a bit missing (it was like it when i bought the car, hasnt bothered me, electric mirror still works fine and glass in fine) and as its been used for the school run for the last 5 years needs a good clean , especially on the backs of the seats where little muddy shoes have been pushing on the back of them ! Location is Suffolk, near Bury St Edmunds.

Last edited by drbolton; May 28th, 2015 at 00:17. Reason: add location of car.
drbolton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
v70 for sale, volvo for sale