View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 10:21   #2502
belgian
Linje swart

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post

I want to be clear - my issue is not with my dealer, they have been excellent. I doubt that they are being reimbursed for all of the checks they have done on my car because of my moaning. This is bigger than the dealers - it originates from the culture, leadership and values from Volvo in Sweden.

Life's too short to let this sort of thing ruin it (or sour the 'virtual' relationships of us folk on this forum). I've made a note of how Volvo have handled this and they won't be picking up any more money from me in the future. In the meantime, I will write and tell people about my experience because that is the only way the 'little man' can get even - the power of the internet (as the Chinese and North Korean authorities are discovering!).

Arianne
Since the swedish have little say on this, the group being under Chinese ownership, I don't expect Volvo to invest any longer in a long term relationship with their customers. If you know the chinese business mentality, you'll understand they prefer to take the money and run.

I have owned several volvo's to great satisfaction, but my latest Volvo 2016 V70 D3 150 hp will be the last volvo I will own. That D3 engine has the same EGR problems as evidenced in this thread.
EGR Fault code PD04D9 at 90k km. Since my volvo dealer refused to replace the EGR and cooler under warranty, because I serviced my car myself, I cleaned the EGR and Valve, and solved the problem temporarely.

Now at 143k km, fault code P00BC00 (MAF low air flow) with "reduced motor power" warning and the appearance of the notorious turtle of doom, I suppose the EGR has to be replaced again, so I ordered the parts already (1000 €).

What is really astonishing to me is that Volvo, in spite of several years of brutal warranty issues, they continued to install the same type of engines in their new cars, without resolving the EGR issue. That is p...g on the back of their loyal customers, if you ask me. The chinese won't make any euro of me again, whenever I have a choice of course.

Last edited by belgian; Nov 28th, 2021 at 10:31.
belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belgian For This Useful Post: