View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 23:21   #7
Biotoxic
Master Member

neanderthal and anybody else, If you fit a new turbo, after a quick drive don't switch the engine off, wait at least 30 seconds or even better, a minute. This will cool turbo down a bit, it will help to prolong turbo's life. If you switch off the engine immediately oil can burn on to the pipe or bearings. Over time it will collect around those parts and blockage could occur.
If you don't want to wait, you can fit turbo timer(it will switch off the engine after set time) it is legal to use if you are parked on your own driveway, but you have to stay in your car if it is on public roads. If you leave your car when the engine is running and police will see that, they could give you a penalty.

Law says something about.. its illegal to leave your car running unattended on public roads... or close to that.
I was searching ebay about those devices and then I found a forum, when its legal and when it is not. I am thinking about fitting that thing and remote starter to my volvo as well, it will came in handy in cold winter day
Biotoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biotoxic For This Useful Post: