Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 Immobiliser - HELP!

Views : 932

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 30th, 2010, 20:11   #1
R9UKE

Default 940 Immobiliser - HELP!

Ok so just bought a 940. The remote fob had no batteries in it, I put new ones in and went through the process to code it.

It worked great, the car locked and unlocked fine, but this evening I went to it and the remote wouldn't open the car. So I used the key. The hazards flashed for about 2 mins, and now it won't let me start! I turn the key, all lights come on, everything is good, then it just doesn't even try to start.

I've tried using the fob over and over again.

Please help ASAP!
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 21:17   #2
achapski

Had this happen to me in Switzerland last summer.The easy option is to dissconnect the horn and run a wire from the starter motor and bypass the alarm.Start it by pressing it on the positive.A pain but gets you moving.
There are a few threads concerning Volvo guard......have a look through these to reset it.

Hope that helps
achapski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 23:59   #3
TonyS9
Premier Member

Hey good to see another NI member.

My 95 940 one does this every so often. Cleaning the batteries is the main cure, but tapping the key fob on the car helps a bit too. It also has problems in the winter and the range drops away down caused by the receiver, sometime so much it doesn't work atall, I think I need to take the alarm board out and clean it or check for bad contacts.

Its a common problem, missing or non-working alarm key fobs, If it is unreliable best to get a 2nd hand replacement module with at least 2 key fibs or go for an after market one, its pretty easy to fit.
TonyS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 00:04   #4
R9UKE

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'll be putting that all into practise in the morning!
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 21:58   #5
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Alarms

If you can get at the alarm (I am extrapolating from the Scorpions fitted to the 760 turbos) there may be a key so you can turn the alarm off. You then have no central locking but you are not immobilised!

If the wires to the alarm are not coded - mark them! Then remove and dismantle alarm - and you will find some contacts where the wires go in. Bet you they are corroded. Clean with fibreglass pencil and re-assemble.

Well, that's what the auto-electrician did to my 760 turbo last week and it worked perfectly!
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
central locking, immobiliser, immobilizer