Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

wheel spacers for V50

Views : 806

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 15th, 2009, 01:17   #1
stevovolvo

Default wheel spacers for V50

I really want to put wheel spacers on my V50.I have standard 18" volvo alloys on.What size wheel spacers would be best and does anyone no where to get them from without breaking the bank.
stevovolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:37   #2
dazc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevovolvo View Post
I really want to put wheel spacers on my V50.I have standard 18" volvo alloys on.What size wheel spacers would be best and does anyone no where to get them from without breaking the bank.
Why?
I changed the tyres from 215 45 18 to 235 40 18 and they fill every mm of the arch, the car looks squat and rides flatter too.
Darren
dazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:58   #3
stevovolvo

I would like the wheels to fill out the wheel arches .To me they sit back in the arch a bit to much.
stevovolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 13:42   #4
Penguinistics
VOC Member

Wouldn't hurt the turning circle either I would expect. I know my wheels rub the inside wheel arech trim on full lock in dynamic rather than staionary situations, so a spacer might avoid that if that is also a problem for you. How big a spacer are you thinking - big enough and there may be an issue with your wheel bolts?

Last edited by Penguinistics; May 21st, 2009 at 13:56.
Penguinistics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 16:31   #5
ovlov25
Premier Member

Hi everyone

First of all, you want a vehicle specific hubcentric spacer - universal spacers are rubbish and generally cause balance and wheel bearing wear issues - FACT!

This car uses the new style Ford 63.3mm hub which should be a stud arrangement with wheel nuts being used to secure the wheels.

Eibach (German manufacturer, TUV approved etc) list kits for this car in 15, 20 and 25mm spacing per wheel.

The 15mm kit would require 'blind pocket' cutouts on the rear of your wheels (I think OEM Volvo have this) to accomodate some of the fitting hardware, the 20 and 25mm kits would work with any style of wheel.

I'd think a 15mm maximum would be the very most the car could handle but don't quote me on that!