Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vovlo App on second phone

Views : 640

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 25th, 2023, 12:30   #1
Tallbloke

Default Vovlo App on second phone

I recently tried to connect my wife's phone to the car as until now I have been the main driver. I followed the instructions on the phone but no luck after many attempts. My wife took the car to the dealerships hoping that they could connect her as driver2 but they didn't know how to do that. They asked her to go back in a few days to allow them time to work out how to add her but when she went back they told her you can only have 1 main driver to keep an eye on updates etc on the app.

Anyone else have an issue with this?
Tallbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2023, 14:51   #2
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Depends on the car how easy it is, if you have a Sensus screen then just download app and sign in on her phone, assuming you have the Google based system with Google maps as the Navigation then you have to create a profile !

Not as scary as it sounds, pull down from the top of the screen and you will see Owner profile, tap on that and then create profile. When done you should be able to pair the new profile to her app and phone.

Info here:

https://www.volvocars.com/ie/support...a801894941fce5

You will have one master profile which is the owner and the second one will be your wife.

Some general info here

https://www.volvocars.com/ie/support...a8015150732a6a
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2023, 13:51   #3
Tallbloke

Easier said than done, I've followed the guide for loading a second profile but it just wouldn't go past the same place each time. Even the Tech expertise the dealership doesn't know how to get around it.
Tallbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2024, 15:44   #4
Mervin

Default Vovlo App on second phone

Had same problem too. Created profile but couldn't get further

XC40 B4P Plus AWD
Body
Driver Assist & Blis
Year
March 2023
Colour
Black stone
Transmission
AWD

Last edited by Mervin; Jan 2nd, 2024 at 15:48.
Mervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2024, 08:23   #5
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallbloke View Post
Easier said than done, I've followed the guide for loading a second profile but it just wouldn't go past the same place each time. Even the Tech expertise the dealership doesn't know how to get around it.
Ok, not sure where its getting stuck, if you try and create a profile where is it getting to before you cannot go further ?

Can you see your extra profiles when you pull down from the top of the screen ?
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote