Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DPF Additive (ADM-0003, ECM-2585) and other DTCs

Views : 795

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 20th, 2022, 19:32   #1
Teddy1975

Default DPF Additive (ADM-0003, ECM-2585) and other DTCs

I have a V50 2.0D, 2007 SE model.

I tried to refill the Eolys tank at the begining of the month because I had seen the annoying Engine System Service Required (019) message from time to time, but it would only accept 3 or so decilitres before fluid started to run out of the overflow hose.

Naïvely perhaps, I thought the garage might simply have forgotten to reset the counters at the previous owner's last service, so I did that in VIDA and thought all was well, but today while driving home from work, the message returned. Drat.

I've tried to rescan the tank level in VIDA, (engine on/off three times) and it reported that it was full so I reset the counters once more and rescanned for DTCs. I've attached the screenshot of the messages. (Please disregard the SWM warning, that's only because I've inserted a different button module as a test.)

It's possible I managed to hook the eolys refill kit up wrong so I will try to refill the tank again tomorrow, perhaps let some more fluid run through the tank before stopping. From my understanding, the overflow is the loose, hanging hose and the inlet is accessed by detaching the small stiff hose that ends in a cap directly above the tank, is this correct?

Regarding the IAT sensor, is it necessary to buy OEM or will any matching aftermarket sensor work? I hope that the slightly rough idle and power surging I experience is due to this sensor, as that is a cheap fix for once.

Does anyone here have any experience with servicing the Eberspächer Hydronic auxiliary heater and can say what I need to do to fix the CPM DTCs?

Thanks in advance,
Teddy
Attached Images
File Type: png errors.png (26.2 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Teddy1975; Apr 20th, 2022 at 19:38.
Teddy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 10:45   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

try cleaning the throtle body and all sensors before buying any thing also it might be worth checking the egr valve is not stuck open as this can soot up the sensors
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 15:55   #3
ButterBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
try cleaning the throtle body and all sensors before buying any thing also it might be worth checking the egr valve is not stuck open as this can soot up the sensors
This is what I was thinking to. Get some CRC spray and given them a good clean. If that fails I'd look at some BG244 in the tank or Archoil cleaners
ButterBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 15:57   #4
Teddy1975

I worked on the car today having decided to simply swap the IAT sensor. Well, the first two torx screws were easy to get out, the third one not so, and that was of course the lower one. I tried to grind off the head but when only 1 mm remained of it, the grinding bit I was using fell off and vanished somewhere into the abyss of the engine bay never to be found again.

I ended up pivoting the throttle body around the remains of the stuck screw and that offered just enough room to get to the sensor. Everything within was drenched in oil, not soot but thin and very black oil. Does this sound like a pcv issue or is it more serious? I don't know much about working on engines and it was because of the engine I decided to get rid of my old petrol 854. I hope I haven't swapped one problem car for another.

The other finding today was the plastic hose from the intercooler to the TB had cracked in places and that nasty oil has sprayed from the cracks. I replaced the hose with a generic one I had on hand for now as I must drive the car for the next couple of days. Least I've managed to stop the mess in the engine bay but obviously I need to attack the root of the problem.
Teddy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddy1975 For This Useful Post: