Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Still not got it yet

Views : 4460

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 08:24   #1
milliganpaul2003
I've Been Banned

Default Still not got it yet

ok where do I start I bought an 2007 s80 se lux with all the top sec trimming on the 9th of this month and guess what I still haven’t got it yet.
Ok it needed an abs unit and a baby Tec at taggarts replace it with an earlier abs unit and the car said in its terms wrong part and just for your cheek
I have disabled all keys to the car get it up you!!!!!!! So taggarts had to call in a master Tec and after 3 days he realised wow that’s not the correct abs unit for this car
So ordered the correct part. 2 days later the part is installed and then the master Tec asks the baby Tec were is the software from the old unit. WHAT
SOFTWARE EMM WAS I SUPPOSE TO KEEP THAT AS THE PART IN THE BIN SIR!!!! So anyhow they had to email Germany to get the relevant software
Ok so 2 weeks in and they are getting to the bottom of it and gets all the software installed and reprogram the keys. All sorted!!!NOT!!!
There master Tec then said I THINK THERE IS SOMTHING WRONG WITH THE EGNITION SYSTEM AND IT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.
So this part is replaced and guess what still didn’t fix the problem so it has now been nearly 4 weeks since my test drive and have decided to
Give them a deadline of today at 12:00 so here is hoping they get all these problems fixed and I can get my car
p.s sorry about the rant
milliganpaul2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2012, 17:46   #2
GrantA
Master Member

Rant away mate, it is good to get it off yer chest. Just hope you get your car working the way it should and they give you a decent guarantee period with it. Ask for a tank full of juice, new key fobs, umbrella etc etc for all your trouble and I hope they supply you with a courtesy car if it drags on any longer. Also ask if there is a 30 day no-quibble money back period if the car breaks down again.

You could always threaten them with Trading Standards if it goes pear shaped just after you drive it away.

Guid luck Paul

PS. Bugga just noticed the 12:00 deadline bit.......... so how's the car??
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:33   #3
copperknob

I know people at taggarts and they bend over backwards for you ,don't believe any of your story

Last edited by copperknob; Sep 3rd, 2012 at 10:37.
copperknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 10:41   #4
copperknob

It must be Motherwell and not Glasgow ,Glasgow dealership spot on
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 06:48   #5
copperknob

Still waiting on update
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 20:40   #6
milliganpaul2003
I've Been Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperknob View Post
I know people at taggarts and they bend over backwards for you ,don't believe any of your story

Lol well im very sorry to burst your bubble with taggarts maryhill Glasgow but this is were my car is sitting and has been sitting for nealy a month.
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 20:58   #7
milliganpaul2003
I've Been Banned

Smile

ok update went up to taggarts today to see how things were and how far progress is :> so i was told that the car has been running fine since friday evening and that they though they have fixed it<<< and by what i mean fixed it they said they reprogramed the ecu with updated software and that they are hopeing that it was ok. so as we spoke more he told me that they were thinking that the problem was a spike of some sort in the ecu. so this made me all happy and asked when will i actualy get this car . so he said probably by friday now at this point i could have stripped off and ran about hugging all the volvo car in there lol but i was very polite and reserved. then he gets into the car and trys to starts it up and a loud buzzing noise coming from the engine is herd and guess what it didnt start the display read ignition on/ then imobiliser activated then headlight failure. so you can imagin the colour of my face. so he quickly ran in and got a tec out with the computer and i watched in this diagram of the car the doors/engine/boot/ecu/ battery all light up red. arrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg. so now they have downloaded the errors from the car and sent them off to the big guys so here is hoping that they fined ouut what is going on with this car........... sorry for the rant
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 21:59   #8
S40 Squared

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperknob View Post
It must be Motherwell and not Glasgow ,Glasgow dealership spot on
Second that for service - Taggarts Glasgow are good. Took our old 2003 S80 to taggarts a few times (did 40k per year) and it was well serviced to 120k. Awesome D5 and auto box - 44mpg.
Took one of our S40's there too and that was fine for servicing.

Replaced S80 in 2008 with a new style 57 reg 2.4D SE Lux, geartronic (not keen - it feels like it restricts the gearchanges compared with the normal auto). Bought from Barnetts in Dundee........
S40 Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 12:26   #9
copperknob

Milligan Paul why don't you cancel deal then who's your salesman Brian ,Gordon David or Derek
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 17:35   #10
copperknob

any updates????????