Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC70 steering wheel adjustment

Views : 641

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 29th, 2013, 21:14   #1
JohnDeere8530

Default XC70 steering wheel adjustment

I have a new to me XC70 and am having trouble adjusting the steering wheel position.

I can move it up and down, but when it comes to in and out, it will only move a little and I feel it does not retract enough, ie move close enough to the dashboard

I have taken a picture of the column with it full retracted, does anyone know if it is meant to retract more. Looking at the cowling around the column it appears as if it should retract further so the distance between the ends of the red arrows should reduce or disappear altogether

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Last edited by JohnDeere8530; Mar 29th, 2013 at 21:23.
JohnDeere8530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 23:41   #2
GrantA
Master Member

Just had a quick look at mine and it indeed does push right in until your "arrows" almost meet. It was too bloody cold to hang about outside (-2C) but I'll check again tomorrow for the full range in and out and try and measure it.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 21:41   #3
GrantA
Master Member

Okay been out and measured the steering wheel movement. It does indeed go almost all the way in until the red arrows on your picture meet but not quite. Pull the wheel back and it moves approximately 4cm out. I'm not sure if this is the full range of travel but it is as far as mine goes in each direction and it "feels" correct.

With yours I would be inclined to release the catch and push and pull it to see if it is just jammed (stuck) in the one position. I do believe it should move in and out freely. Perhaps someone else could have a look at theirs and comment.
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 02:07   #4
JohnDeere8530

as I thought, mine is jammed. It did have disabled hand controls on it once, so someone could of locked it up for these.
JohnDeere8530 is offline   Reply With Quote