Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2 weeks in...

Views : 904

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 08:44   #1
Milty

Default 2 weeks in...

And I've got an 'engine system service required' message. Hoping it's something simple. Only time will tell (and the dealer). Just under 1000 miles done.

Apart from that, absolutely loving the car. Really struggling to find anything bad about it. Sort of wished I'd had the nav built in but it was a money and choice thing so can't really complain. Overall, I'm getter more use from the ACC on my daily commute then I would the nav.

Fuel consumption ticking up to just over 39. I'm still enjoying it and have never been known to be an economy freak. On the same weekly journeys, the S-Max was doing around 45 at the end but was a manual and had 66k on the clock so well worn in. Expecting this to end up somewhere near.
Milty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 10:50   #2
Munco

Nice one...three weeks in and Ive done 2k. Had a full load this weekend..3 adults, two kids, 2 suitcases, two scooters, felt like 1 million bags of sweets and just averaged 38.5...but it was over 100 miles of country roads. On the motorway 80mph on crusie ...brilliant car
Old Aug 4th, 2014, 23:14   #3
Milty

Default It's poorly

Went out in it on Sunday. Engine system service request still on. Felt a bit sluggish at take-off. Got worse as the trip went on. Got home and something not smelling right (the car, not me although there was a funny smell when I tried to accelerate at a roundabout with a 40t artic bearing down on me). Called Volvo assist. Great chap came out in 90 mins and plugged his box of tricks in. Throttle body frequency issue. Admitted to the local dealers. It's been there all day and is apparently now blowing fuse for a pastime which it wasn't before. Let's see what Tuesday brings. I hope it's my Volvo coming back home. I miss it already and I've got a petrol Insignia in the meantime and it's dreadful.
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 09:41   #4
Considered1
Premier Member

Who gave you the Insignia, Volvo assist (as a hire car) or the dealer as a loan/courtesy car
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 11:18   #5
Milty

Volvo assist.

This mornings update is that it's still blowing fuses. The fuse in question has 6 or 7 circuits on it and they're working through finding which one has the issue that's blowing the fuse.
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 12:08   #6
craigv60
Master Member

Interesting ... the VEA doesn't have a 'throttle body' as such, but it does have a butterfly flap in the inlet which closes when you switch the engine off (so the engine stops quickly) and when the DPF is regenerating (to raise the temperature in the DPF matrix, and reduce airflow to help convert the soot to CO2).

Hope they can sort it for you quickly.
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 14:28   #7
Milty

Could be a terminology thing. Volvo assist blokes laptop definitely said throttle body sensor error and they talked about it at the dealers. He unplugged something on the front left of the engine as you look at it, near the top once the cover was taken off.

Anyway, the current update is that they have found a short in the wiring in the passenger footwell. All fixed and ready to collect.

Cue a couple of weeks of nervousness before I forget all about it.
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 15:00   #8
craigv60
Master Member

That sounds like the inlet flap / restrictor mechanism they unplugged.

Good that they found the electrical problem, anyway - hope that fully resolves the issue.
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote