Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parts

Views : 421

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 5th, 2024, 17:00   #1
P505DEF
Master Member

Default Parts

Hi guys.

After my rant a few weeks ago regarding abusive messages about some of the cars I’m breaking and people messing me around with regards to prices of parts and or requesting parts but then not paying etc I said I wouldn’t be doing it any more. A number of you have since spoken to me on the phone/messages on here/messages on other platforms etc to try and convince me not to stop selling parts off these cars. I have also had people steal things from the yard on more than one occasion. I shouldn’t have to make rules but I feel I need to to make things work for me and my business. I fully understand that one or two of you have a dislike to me for one reason or another but things need to be kept on an appropriate level from now on. This is going to be my last attempt to help keep you supplied with good quality parts before I simply close the dismantling side of the business down for good. I do stock many parts and if it’s not on eBay I simply haven’t got it in stock, please check again in the future.

I have now had a few weeks to chill from the idiots and after the messages of support it’s clear that some of you still want me to continue offering the parts for sale etc. I have decided that I will do so but there needs to be some sort of agreed rules in place for this to happen.

1) Going forward I will put a link to the car I’m breaking via my eBay page and that will include photos, the parts are then going to be listed on buy it now on eBay with the postage to be paid as part of the sale. The goal is in the next couple of days I will be updating the page to allow for free post but prices will be modified accordingly. This allows a safe and secure sale and postage will be tracked. The price is the price, offers are allowed but should I decline an offer that should be understood for what it is. If you don’t like me, the stock availability or the price of something please don’t go slagging me off to other people, because believe it or not people do tell me and it’s really not the way adults should be behaving.

2) All parts will be security marked in pink paint marker or with a security seal, on a few occasions people from eBay have been returning parts saying they weren’t working, but sending back their old parts. This is not acceptable and it won’t be tolerated.

3) Abusive messages or phone calls will not be tolerated at all, it’s not acceptable to do this in any circumstances. People have to remember the cars are owned by me and it’s entirely my choice what I do with those cars and sending obscene communications regarding what I intend to do or calling me names for breaking cars isn’t really very mature and those who do will be blocked.

4) Nobody will be allowed to the yard from now on, far too many times “volvo enthusiasts” and I use that term loosely have broken into my storage yard and stolen things, some of which are a set of Galaxy wheels, a set of Hydra wheels off one of my customers cars, several catalytic converters one of which was on a customers car, various other parts etc etc. Theft really isn’t acceptable in any way shape or form, the majority of the thieves were not members of this forum as far as I know but that rule needs to be brought in across the board to protect my property and that of my customers.

5) I do have a complex medical issue which regularly lands me in hospital so patience is highly appreciated and for that reason there may be occasions when I can’t get parts sent out the day you buy them, please accept this for what it is and if that is the case you will be kept informed at the earliest opportunity. I tend to do the post on Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings. If you buy something on a weekend it won’t be posted until a Monday.

6) No shells of cars will be for sale to anyone under any circumstances and no I will not sell logbooks or vin numbers either. It’s illegal and I will simply not even reply if I’m asked this. All of the cars have a certificate of destruction issued as soon as they are deported and no they can’t go back on the road.

The eBay link is https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/volvobreakers
P505DEF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to P505DEF For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 11:44   #2
940volvoman
Master Member

That's great news.I'm sorry to hear about the break ins,though.....
940volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 940volvoman For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 11:16   #3
natmargetts

Jesus when you first mentioned people stealing things I thought it would be the usual relay / small items theft. Stealing a whole set of wheels and cats its absurd!!

Glad to hear you've reconsidered for the time being, prices are always good and have enjoyed purchasing from you previously
natmargetts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to natmargetts For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 09:21   #4
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940volvoman View Post
That's great news.I'm sorry to hear about the break ins,though.....
Yea the break ins have been a huge kick in the gut because all Iv ever done is try to help people but Iv never let things go for less than their value and obviously I can’t sell things from cars that aren’t breakers!
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 09:23   #5
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natmargetts View Post
Jesus when you first mentioned people stealing things I thought it would be the usual relay / small items theft. Stealing a whole set of wheels and cats its absurd!!

Glad to hear you've reconsidered for the time being, prices are always good and have enjoyed purchasing from you previously
Thanks mate, yea it’s not great, you expect the odd relay to disappear but these were people who showed an interest in a particular part and were told the price or in some cases told no because the car wasn’t mine etc, they come back to the yard overnight and steal, they have on one occasion cut cables on cctv cameras. Not all of it was volvo people, the cats I believe were the run of the mill scum bags that steal them but it really does annoy me!
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 19:22   #6
Dippydog
Premier Member

I applaud your tenacity in giving it another go and sincerely hope it pays off for you.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post: