Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General > S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Detachable Towbar (Witter) +electrics - V90 (V90CC or S90)

Views : 1929

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 7th, 2021, 20:54   #1
gneissdaewar

Post Detachable Towbar (Witter) +electrics - V90 (V90CC or S90)

Hi All,

I've removed my detachable towbar from my V90 and plug-and-play CAN electrics. Mine was a D4 R-Design 2018 model. I believe it will fit most V90, and also the V90 CC and the S90 (but I'm not fully sure on the latter 2 cars).

If anyone is interested in buying it (it is an easy self install IMO) please do contact me for a chat.

They are about £600-£700 new (including fitting). I'm looking for a sensible offer but equally not looking for a fortune (so think £200, but open to offers).

Location is in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire.

Thanks, Nick

It was fitted in Aug 2018 and removed 3 years later - not used for towing trailers or caravans - just used for bike carrier.

The towbar is a detachable Witter with keys. You just remove the tube cap and insert the neck into the fitting and it self attaches.

The electrics just plug directly into the cars wiring harness - the plugs are in the back right corner of the boot in the v90 and the 13 pin cable then goes out a bung in the spare wheel well. The only wiring needed (if desired) is the fog light cutout on the car - you just find the relevant wire in the cars harness (cut), add connectors to each end, and insert the cutout connectors on the module into it (so the fog light now goes via the module).

I can provide lots more photos if anyone is interested. Close ups, photos of the de-install, etc. One photo attached to show all the bits.

Links to CAN electrics module is here:
https://conwys.ch/pikto/87260814.pdf
https://conwys.ch/en/katalog/?jsf=je...rsteller:Volvo
Links to some fitting instructions for a Volvo foldable towbar which I found really helpful in getting the rear bumper on and off, and also in removing the various trim panels to get to the wiring inside the car.
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...2018%20America
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1403.jpg (236.0 KB, 63 views)
gneissdaewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2021, 20:58   #2
gneissdaewar

Any interest anyone? If the indicated price is wrong please let me know and I will definitely consider an offer - no point it going to waste.
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 11:49   #3
Beavis
Premier Member

I'm selling a fixed one myself too. I think your price is spot on considering the electrics alone are c.£150+. Think its just the time and low demand at the moment going into autumn/winter. Sure someone will snap them up.
Maybe we should try and get it known that there is a towbar shortage and create some panic buying!!
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 17:36   #4
gneissdaewar

Thanks for the message Beavis - yeah definitely a tow bar shortage out there!!

Good luck with your sale. I might give mine a shot at FB Marketplace or the like, but figured a forum such as this will attract the DIYers more than there.
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 12:06   #5
gneissdaewar

Hi All,

Reinvigorating this thread to see if anyone would be interested.

We are heading into spring and Easter holidays will soon be here. If the price is a concern then have a chat with me.

Also if anyone needs help fitting i can probably assist on that front.

Thanks, Nick
Old May 18th, 2022, 12:08   #6
gneissdaewar

Thumbs down Price Drop

Price Drop to £150 to generate some interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneissdaewar View Post
Hi All,

I've removed my detachable towbar from my V90 and plug-and-play CAN electrics. Mine was a D4 R-Design 2018 model. I believe it will fit most V90, and also the V90 CC and the S90 (but I'm not fully sure on the latter 2 cars).

If anyone is interested in buying it (it is an easy self install IMO) please do contact me for a chat.

They are about £600-£700 new (including fitting). I'm looking for a sensible offer but equally not looking for a fortune (so think £200, but open to offers).

Thanks, Nick

It was fitted in Aug 2018 and removed 3 years later - not used for towing trailers or caravans - just used for bike carrier.

The towbar is a detachable Witter with keys. You just remove the tube cap and insert the neck into the fitting and it self attaches.

The electrics just plug directly into the cars wiring harness - the plugs are in the back right corner of the boot in the v90 and the 13 pin cable then goes out a bung in the spare wheel well. The only wiring needed (if desired) is the fog light cutout on the car - you just find the relevant wire in the cars harness (cut), add connectors to each end, and insert the cutout connectors on the module into it (so the fog light now goes via the module).

I can provide lots more photos if anyone is interested. Close ups, photos of the de-install, etc. One photo attached to show all the bits.

Links to some fitting instructions for a Volvo foldable towbar which I found really helpful in getting the rear bumper on and off, and also in removing the various trim panels to get to the wiring inside the car.
Old Jun 18th, 2023, 21:49   #7
gneissdaewar

Exclamation

Hi All - the towbar and electrics are now FREE to anyone who wants it, as it is still littering my garage floor (private only, no trades or onsellers).

Obviously at this price I can't ship it or deliver it, but collections are welcome and I promise to be friendly.

I will ask for a small token (bottle of nice whisky would grease the wheels) for me to open my garage door

Cheers (please WhatsApp me on +44 1484 688 194)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneissdaewar View Post
Hi All,

Thanks, Nick

Old Jun 29th, 2023, 22:50   #8
gneissdaewar

And it is now SOLD/GONE.

Tags
tow bar, tow bar electrics, v90