Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

v60 alarm siren module coding?

Views : 789

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 30th, 2022, 20:08   #1
Bigchewie

Default v60 alarm siren module coding?

Evening all, been having some alarm issues, (2014 V60) the usual alarm service message was intermittent for a while and obv when i was away with work it went off a lot. Anyhow came home cleared some codes used the car a bit, and re checked the codes. and low and behold as expected the alarm siren is the issue.

for reference code is B1D1796

I am undecided on my best course of action, my main question is if i were to fit a brand new module circa £200 does it need coded to the car?, I did see a post on an American forum it can be done as below but on a earlier s60 i think

Quote:
Then I had it programmed. The tech said if you plug the new one in and hold the Message Button for like five seconds while pressing the door lock button, it will configure itself. Strange but it works now.
The other option is a battery pack at around £25, not keen on hacking my module up straight off so would maybe pick up a cheap used unit on ebay to hack up first. so maybe £50 all in. quite happy on the tools, but if coding required would prob put it into my indy.

Cheers in advance.
Bigchewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 21:06   #2
Deck1ng
Master Member

From past posts I understand that these are a stand alone item, no coding required, replace battery or full unit drive off, alarm should be good.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 23:36   #3
Chrisv60

A couple of us have had success using second hand Mazda units which are fitted internally in a Mazda so have been less affected by water, etc.

No coding is required.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...t=Alarm+system
Old Oct 31st, 2022, 21:21   #4
Bigchewie

Magic, cheers guys, I had seen LR and Jag units but hadn't looked at Mazda, also saw a relatively new v40 unit, so time to get eBaying
Bigchewie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, siren, v60