Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 - power tailgate sinks a few inches after opening

Views : 12999

Replies : 63

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 2nd, 2024, 09:33   #61
Elffar

Unhappy V60 tailgate

Taking my car into Johnson’s Volvo, to allow them to carry out a diagnosis on my car to determine if the struts are faulty. It will cost £168 *******
Elffar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2024, 12:24   #62
walric

Quote:
Originally Posted by walric View Post
Hi everyone

My 2019 V60 II Cross Country has developed this fault. The nearside strut has failed and all the previously described symptoms are present.

I contacted the dealer who has quoted £435 Inc VAT per strut and recommended both sides be replaced with a grand total of £1200 including labour.

Using the part number 31690924 I have found the possible replacement of Stabilus 447464 which is available from several outlets. Part checker etc says it fits and is a suitable replacement. Has anyone tried this and if so does it do the job?

The Stabilus strut comes out at under £210 each so is a bit more palatable

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/stabilus/21905197

https://www.stabilus.com/media/defau...nstruction.pdf

Cheers

Update on this….

I ordered the Stabilus 447464 Powerise struts from Autodoc at a cost of £435. Delivery is fairly lengthy at nearly 2 weeks but I have fitted the struts (pair) and they work fine. Very straightforward job which took about an hour as I was careful not to damage the trim pieces as I was removing them.

No coding involved but make sure you follow the installation instructions regarding calibration etc
walric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walric For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 16:27   #63
madmozza1981

posted in error

Last edited by madmozza1981; Mar 6th, 2024 at 16:37.
madmozza1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 16:56   #64
Steve6255

Default V60 2019 Tailgate power strut failure

Another tailgate issue!
As per all the other posts my July 2019 tailgate has started exhibiting the same issue - tailgate opens (not quite fully) but then drops rapidly to half way.
Seems to be a corroded spring issue.
I contacted Volvo UK who then registered a complaint on my behalf and within 2 days was given a final response that no action to be taken! This in spite of me submitting videos of the problem.
They suggested I take it to a main dealer and get them to assess and request whether a goodwill request contribution may be considered so I will follow this up but not holding my breath.
Vehicle has only done 34000 miles and I estimate tailagte has only been cycled around 1500 times as it is not used that frequently.
Having worked in the motor industry for some time, including design and development, for such a component to fail after such a short time is unacceptable. I cannot believe that any other manufacturer would have such a component fail so easily after such a short service life.
This is a major safety and design issue which Volvo seem to be ignoring completely.
I have also been quoted around £1000 to repair so if dealer is not forthcoming on goodwill I will try to source struts myself and replace.
Most frustrating as otherwise the vehicle is great.
Steve6255 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, sinks, struts, tailgate, v60