Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC40 Pure Electric: Volvo App Question

Views : 1175

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 25th, 2021, 20:01   #1
BrightHelmStone

Default XC40 Pure Electric: Volvo App Question

I have the XC40 Pure Electric (2021).

I have a problem with the Volvo Cars app.

We get minimal mobile phone cover where we live. So sometimes the app is unable to contact the car.

The car is charging and locked but the app tells me it is unlocked and not plugged in.

The app has not indication that there is a problem. Apart from being able to look out of the window, I have no way of knowing if the app is showing accurate information or not.

I have tried closing/reopening the app and restarting the phone but the app still happily tells me there is no problem.

Is there a way of knowing if app it is able to contact the car?
BrightHelmStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2021, 06:33   #2
Stewart1359

Default Volvo app

I collected my P8 on Friday. The dealer tried to connect my car to the app on the phone but could not get it to connect. As I had a 300 mile trip home I said I would get it later. I have tried numerous times and it has failed every time. I contacted Volvo who deleted my V90 from the app but my car still won’t connect. Volvo also informed my that parts of the app don’t work with the car anyway.
Stewart1359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2021, 14:13   #3
exmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart1359 View Post
I collected my P8 on Friday. The dealer tried to connect my car to the app on the phone but could not get it to connect. As I had a 300 mile trip home I said I would get it later. I have tried numerous times and it has failed every time. I contacted Volvo who deleted my V90 from the app but my car still won’t connect. Volvo also informed my that parts of the app don’t work with the car anyway.
I had a similar problem and it was eventually solved by creating a new email address; I used an Outlook one; and everything then happened as advertised. Don’t ask me why or whether there’s any logic to it, but it worked.

Exmpa
exmpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2021, 17:16   #4
Stewart1359

Default Now connected

I got my car connected today. I deleted the app from my phone then downloaded it again to my phone. It then paired no problem.
Stewart1359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2021, 20:37   #5
BrightHelmStone

The app was meant to give me updates on my order, pre delivery. It never did this even though I was using the same email address as on the order.

The salesman attempted to connect my phone to the car on pickup. Bluetooth worked but it failed to connect to OnCall. I told him to give up in the end as could see he could not get it to work.
I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, still didn't work.
I factory reset the phone, it then worked!
Although still have the same problem that when car has no mobile signal, the app won't tell me, gives out of date info.
BrightHelmStone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xc40 electric app