Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

google Navigation

Views : 2560

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 24th, 2021, 14:36   #11
Nippy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
Never be the first to buy anything - let others test it out first!
Yeah I thought that when I bought my Mk5 Mondeo, it had been out in the US for a good few years and mine had loads of problems.

SWMBO : 2016 V40 T3 R Design
Nippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 18:25   #12
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
Never be the first to buy anything - let others test it out first!
Mine is an early V60. I haven't had any problems, apart from one module needing replacement. Something to do with the start/stop.
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 16:34   #13
gibbs2009

I am now after 5 days of ownership having the black screen of death, google assistant does not work all the time, the radio continually shows no reception..... Getting really peed off now, and the dealer can't look at the car for over two weeks. I am seriously contemplating invoking sale of goods act and rejecting the car.
gibbs2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 17:49   #14
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs2009 View Post
I am seriously contemplating invoking sale of goods act and rejecting the car.
And you wouldn't be the first to do so.

However...many of the issues with the Google Infotainment have been around since the first MY22 cars were delivered. Volvo will definitely be aware of the issues and I would imagine a fairly major update will be in the works to hopefully resolve the issues.

If you like the car and the essence of Google stuff it may be worth sticking with it.
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 15:03   #15
xtratime

Picked mine up this week. Google maps working well enough, issue with speed limits mainly seems to be were road works have been recently but a few others - just went old school and followed the signs! Went through the Mersey tunnel a couple of time - system directed me to correct exit, previous system wouldn't have done this. Also nice to have live traffic including delays being notified.
xtratime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 20:09   #16
RandolphC

The speed limit advisor and the live traffic are both not fit for purpose for me, it is maybe because I drive in rural locations but neither work satisfactorily.
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 18:28   #17
JohnnyNapalm

Thumbs down

I have the same issues. You would expect Volvo UK to push for a resolution but they do not seem at all bothered judging by my recent experience. I thought the Volvo mark was better than BMW but I am being proved wrong. Disappointing to say in the least. Cheers.
JohnnyNapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2021, 20:26   #18
gibbs2009

so car has been to dealers twice now.
They have done software update released 6/12/21and that has caused other issues.
Inability to alter dash brightness. The map where the speedo is was doing 360 degree rotations whilst stationary and all sound went off, even on indicators.
Have complained to Volvo finance and car is being VOR'd by dealer whilst parts on order.
Can see me handing back but to buy what and wait how long....... looked at F pace 12 month wait on the spec i want.
gibbs2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2021, 20:56   #19
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Volvo has really got to get their house in order regards this whole AAOS / Goggle infotainment software patching and updates issues.

We, the MY22 beta programme car owners have been the guineapigs for Volvo based on receiving our MY22 cars with the AAOS / Goggle infotainment upgrade being kept quiet and under the Volvo marketing radar.

However, if you have a look at the MY23 Volvo UK pages, Volvo are now shouting out loud about Goggle infotainment in their MY23 cars marketing. So soon there will be nowhere to hide for Volvo regards AAOS / Goggle infotainment issues!

We just need to ensure that MY22 AAOS / Goggle infotainment issues are retrospectively corrected and don’t get ignored and forgotten in preference for MY23 models.
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 10:39   #20
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Volvo has really got to get their house in order regards this whole AAOS / Goggle infotainment software patching and updates issues.
Volvo is completely reliant on Google for its in-car systems as it doesn't have the resources to develop its own systems in the way other larger manufacturers can. Unfortunately it's typical for Google to introduce a product to the marketplace before it's quite ready then wait to see if it gains traction. If it doesn't they ditch it but even if it succeeds it can stay in beta for years (even Gmail was in beta for over 10 years).

Few of the major car makers have adopted Android Automotive OS so I have little faith in Google producing a long-term, stable platform that will be continually developed. Here's the complete list of vehicles so far:
  • 2020 Polestar 2
  • 2022 GMC Hummer EV
  • 2022 GMC Sierra
  • 2022 GMC Yukon
  • 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe
  • 2022 Chevrolet Suburban
  • 2022 Chevrolet Silverado
  • 2023 Cadillac Lyriq
  • 2022 Renault Mégane E-Tech Electric
  • 2021 Volvo XC40 P8
  • 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
  • 2022 Volvo C40 Recharge
  • 2022 Volvo XC60
  • 2022 Volvo S90
  • 2022 Volvo V90
  • 2022 Volvo V90 Cross Country

Note that GMC, Chevrolet and Cadillac are all GM brands.

So far, Google has killed off 243 products; here's a list: https://killedbygoogle.com/