Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

R-design specs?

Views : 682

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 18th, 2021, 11:08   #1
Tiller

Default R-design specs?

I am not to familiar with the R-Design trim level.
Just bought a 2013 V60 with R-Design.
I know that there is some cosmetics like mirrors, seats,, wheels ect.
But is there any difference in the driveline?
Lowered/stiffer suspension ect?
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 11:15   #2
Farley

Check this link for all the manuals for your vehicle, normally has a lot of info in regarding the r models too.
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...ls/v60/2012w20

Coincidentally I have a 2013 S60 R-Design, mine is the 5cyl D4 2.0.

I have noticed it has independent rear suspension and rear anti roll bar fitted. Not sure if this is something that differs from the standard model however.

Taken from the Volvo website:

"Volvo R-Design models are meant to recapture the thrill of driving, with packages that offer attractive styling touches such as upgraded front and rear fascia, frameless grill, a finned rear diffuser, and R-Design tailpipe. This exterior retooling improves not just the look of the vehicle, but also the way it handles by reduces the coefficient of drag for better fuel efficiency and a more responsive driving experience. The R-Design sport chassis is improved too, designed to be stiffer with firmer rear dampers and front bushings that give the vehicle a more balanced performance driving feel.

The R-Design benefits don't end there, though. Volvo has extended the design concept to the interior of the vehicle as well with standard sport seats, available perforated leather seating, and special exclusive badging and vehicle detailing that make the Volvo R-Line as pleasing inside as it is out."
Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 16:55   #3
Zebster
Upstanding Member

It will depend on whether you have a late 2013 facelift model.

I can only speak about the FL model, but the suspension is lower and firmer plus there is a strut brace. Driveline and power is the same.
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 20:13   #4
Sotosound
Premier Member

R Design trim makes standard trim look a bit boring.

My wife has a VEA-engined 2015 V60 D3 R Design Lux Nav Geartronic, and it's a great looking and great driving car.

Having also driven a VEA-engined 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Geartronic, I found my wife's D3 with its shorter gearing and 6-speed box to be more responsive and fun than the D4 despite the D4's greater power, greater refinement and 8-speed box. The D3 is all "Let's go!" while the D4 is more "I'll be with you in a moment."

The R Design suspension and seating works well and makes for an enjoyable combination that provides a great driving experience without any significant loss of comfort. Although the D3 engine is gruffer than the D4 (with its balancer shafts), it also really suits the R Design package.

The D4 SE Lux actually reminds me a lot of my V70 D4 SE Lux Geartronic with its more detached driving experience, but it's still a great car.
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2021, 16:43   #5
Buckshot61

R-Design makes a comfortable car uncomfortable. If you want a sportscar you don´t buy a Volvo (except for Polestar)
Buckshot61 is online now   Reply With Quote