Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DPF pressure sensor pipes 2.0 D V50

Views : 2297

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 4th, 2021, 08:18   #1
IainG
Premier Member

Default DPF pressure sensor pipes 2.0 D V50

Hi again
Quick question

After finally fixing my ongoing issues of random loss of power.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=320969

Drove from Derbyshire to Plymouth yesterday and it was like driving a different car. All the power back, idle smoother, etc etc. So must have had a split for a while and slowly got worse over a few months.

I had to replace my split and burnt DPF sensor pipe with normal fuel pipe to get me home. It will last for a while but needs changing for the correct pipe to handle the higher temperatures.

It all boiled down to a split and then burnt out rubber pipe that links the DPF pressure sensor to the DPF filter. (there are 2 rubber joining pipes about 12" long each)

On the 2.0 D spares, the rubber link pipes are listed as part of the metal pipes as a whole assembly and expensive.

Quote:
Genuine Volvo Dpf Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor Pipes 2.0D D4204T 30750461
£140

The metal pipes are in perfect condition and I only need the flexible section to join them.

I have noticed that on the 1.6 D the pipes are flexible all the way and look the same type but longer.
Has anyone used these pipes to cut down to use on the 2.0d and are they the same size pipe? Or have they used the part and know the sizes?
I think the pressure sensor is the same, or at least similar on both vehcles so should be the same pipe??
Any info would be great. I know it is only £38 but would prefer to be sure it will fit before buying

From an advert

GENUINE VOLVO PARTICULATE FILTER PRESSURE SENSOR PIPES
PART NUMBER 31431138
SUITABLE TO FIT -
S40(mk2) V50 C30 : 1.6 DIESEL ENGINE (D4164T)

Thanks Iain

Last edited by IainG; Nov 4th, 2021 at 10:11.
IainG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 12:30   #2
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
Well to answer my own question, and it might be useful for others.

Quote:
GENUINE VOLVO PARTICULATE FILTER PRESSURE SENSOR PIPES
PART NUMBER 31431138
SUITABLE TO FIT -
S40(mk2) V50 C30 : 1.6 DIESEL ENGINE (D4164T)
These pipes are the same as the flexible section fitted to the 2.0 D.
They are longer and need cutting to length but at £39 as opposed to £140 for the 2.0 D replacement pipes !!

Iain
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 17:51   #3
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
This pipe must have been leaking for a while as looking back there have been a few symptoms.
Like driving a new car now. just driven up to Derbyshire and the difference is so noticeable.
All the power is back, it is responsive, have to be careful pulling away quickly now as the TC cuts in.

What a change

Iain
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 22:20   #4
Simmy
Premier Member

just replace with renforced rubber fuel pipe . make sure to get a good fit at the sensor end as one of the conections is smaller than the other dont mix them up
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2021, 19:55   #5
IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
just replace with renforced rubber fuel pipe . make sure to get a good fit at the sensor end as one of the conections is smaller than the other dont mix them up
I did fit fuel pipe as a temp fix however it does get very hot near the DPF and I am sure the fuel pipe wouldn't cope for any great length of time.
That is why I sourced the proper spec pipe.

Iain
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 17:36   #6
alexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Hi

I did fit fuel pipe as a temp fix however it does get very hot near the DPF and I am sure the fuel pipe wouldn't cope for any great length of time.

Iain
Hey Iain - I also have a 2.0d v50.. well actually I have 2 and 1 of them feels very under power too - I'm not very familiar with poking around pipes and turbos - could you point me in the right direction in the engine bay for the hoses I should be looking for to help diagnose a leak? I can get access to a ramp if thats easier too... well a pit... a wet pit with wellies!

Many thanks - glad your car is back up to power
alexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 20:20   #7
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Hi

Iain
ahh ok on my c70 the rubber dpf sensor pipes are only abt 3 inches long and the sensor is fixed to the air box under the bonnet . iwas under the impression that all this platform of cars shared components sorry for my confusion. glad you got it fixed.
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 20:31   #8
IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
ahh ok on my c70 the rubber dpf sensor pipes are only abt 3 inches long and the sensor is fixed to the air box under the bonnet . iwas under the impression that all this platform of cars shared components sorry for my confusion. glad you got it fixed.
Sounds similar.
There are 2 short lengths of rubber pipe connecting the end of the steel pipes to the sensor by the air box.The steel pipes run down the bulkhead and alongside the exhaust, Then on the end of the steel pipes there are 2 lengths of rubber pipe that connects the steel pipe to the metal DPF pressure pipes on the filter. These are about 8 - 10" long and run alongside the exhaust. They have a protective covering but the still get V V hot.

Iain
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 21:11   #9
Simmy
Premier Member

was it your lower pipe that split? on mine it was split on the top pipes the wireing on the plug to the dpf sensor has also had problems and also causes low performance . just something else to keep an eye on . fore armed is fore warned .
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 22:44   #10
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Hi

Iain
good one... its 600 C when regenerating ! we don't want rubber fuel pipes to catch fire .