Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 New Order

Views : 6083

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 27th, 2021, 21:36   #41
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60Chris View Post
Is that like for like?
In terms of work, yes. So full wheels off wash, prep and paint correction. Then ceramic protection of exterior, wheels (faces and barrels), external glass and interior. Ceramic coat is guaranteed for 3 years or can upgrade to a 5 year protection product for an extra £100.

Last edited by Dohnut; Nov 27th, 2021 at 21:50.
Dohnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2021, 22:31   #42
S60Chris
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post
In terms of work, yes. So full wheels off wash, prep and paint correction. Then ceramic protection of exterior, wheels (faces and barrels), external glass and interior. Ceramic coat is guaranteed for 3 years or can upgrade to a 5 year protection product for an extra £100.
Ah OK - so the difference is probably the product then?

I know that the newest GTechnic ceramics come with a 9 year guarantee and you have to be accredited by the manufacturer to apply it, as you can seriously damage a car if you apply it incorrectly. The cheaper ceramic products within the same range don't require this as you can rectify mistakes a little easier as they aren't as hard or durable (hence shorter 3/5 year warranty)

Maybe that goes some way to the price difference. Did either quote include a hydrophobic top coat over the ceramic?

Either way, your car will look great whatever ceramic is used. Share some photos when it's done and it's a good decision protect the paintwork!
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 01:09   #43
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60Chris View Post
Ah OK - so the difference is probably the product then?
Dunno, the other guy was quoting a similar guarantee.

I just can’t justify dropping £1k+ on protecting the car - I’ve got a loft conversion starting in Feb.

As for hydrophobic coating… my wash routine will add plenty of that.