Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90....New Project

Views : 2437

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 21st, 2021, 11:15   #21
2Diesels
Premier Member

Thanks again John, I’m missing the bag & cover, not too worried though. I’ve just had a look, mine is a slightly different setup to yours but I can see a number on the lock so I’ll order a key & see if I can free the lock off.............it looks a bit corroded
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 11:23   #22
2Diesels
Premier Member

I’ll not be chucking the nav drive away, I know where there’s another one which may hopefully yield the necessary bits to fix mine, I had read about them being coded. As I think I’ve said I don’t really use them but I would just like it to work, my MG ZT260 has built in nav & I bought the disc for it just so it works, it bugs me that the TV doesn’t work any more though.

As for the sensors, I have plenty experience with them on the Rovers, they were bad for the harnesses corroding. I’ll try without the towbar first & see how it goes, then I’ll get further into it if that doesn’t help. I’ve got a spare set of sensors to experiment with
Old Nov 23rd, 2021, 07:03   #23
2Diesels
Premier Member

Well so far so good on the gearbox front, still driving better & no error codes yet.
I’ve ordered a couple of towbar keys & I’m squirting the lock twice a day with penetrating oil in readiness for their arrival. Once I know the towbar neck can be removed, I’ll look for the plastic blanking cover on eBay. Then I can try my reversing sensors & see if they start to behave themselves.
The twitchy steering seems to be getting better with use, or maybe I’m just getting more used to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2Diesels For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2021, 18:41   #24
2Diesels
Premier Member

Keys were on the mat when I got home from work, been out there & I’ve got the lock unlocked, now the release knob pushes in & turns but nothing else moves, I’ve sprayed everything liberally & I will read up on how it works & find out what is supposed to move & in what direction, tiny progress but a step in the right direction
Old Nov 23rd, 2021, 19:48   #25
2Diesels
Premier Member

GOT IT! I went back out after doing a little homework & slapped it one with a lump of wood & “click” it released & it clicks back in.
Parking sensors haven’t false triggered yet but I’ve also nearly flattened the fence at Morrison’s as I got no noise at all from them😆
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 18:25   #26
2Diesels
Premier Member

I’ve got the phone working now. I was across at my mother’s last night & she has just recycled my Dad’s old phone & asked “what do I do with this card?” I told her to chop it in half & dispose of it, but wait a minute........that’s an old fashioned full size SIM card I thought. “Give me that a minute” I popped outside & put it in the front of the radio & phoned my mother from the car phone.....RESULT!
I think I’ve sussed all the features (not many I know) The steering wheel buttons are a bit sticky, but I’ve had them apart tonight & had a meddle & they seem ok so far, though I doubt if that’s permanent.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2Diesels For This Useful Post: