Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Traffic Announcements DAB & FM

Views : 1389

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 18:25   #1
exmpa

Default Traffic Announcements DAB & FM

I live in an area that contains 5 county boundaries. On my last cars; V50 & V40; I used to get a fairly steady stream of announcements from the closest areas.

Due to lockdown I wasn’t out much when I first got the XC40 but now I’m driving more I have noticed that the traffic reports have disappeared. I have gone through the settings, ticked all the boxes, no change. Unticked all the boxes and restarted and then shutdown and ticked them all again. Still all quiet out there.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar or do you have any suggestions?

Exmpa
exmpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2021, 18:02   #2
anotherv60
Master Member

I almost never receive these announcements either.
Old Aug 25th, 2021, 19:46   #3
exmpa

I’m starting to feel like the Captain of the USN Nimitz in The Final Countdown, the electromagnetic spectrum is nearly dead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CQxiezsJ7w http://

0.45-1.00 approx.

Exmpa
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 21:48   #4
exmpa

Default RDS Traffic Announcements

The car has now been for its 1st service and I mentioned the lack of local traffic announcements when I booked it in. A week later I made a longish journey and, you guessed it, no traffic news.

I have checked and rechecked the settings and all the boxes and all the appropriate boxes in the Select Announcements menu and sub-menus are ticked. Dealership is out of ideas, especially as everything else works normally. There are no complications with Apple Car Play as I don’t have it, this is plain straightforward FM and DAB.

The lack of traffic news isn’t the 3nd of the world, but I’m at a loss to understand why I’m not receiving it.

Exmpa
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 22:24   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmpa View Post
The car has now been for its 1st service and I mentioned the lack of local traffic announcements when I booked it in. A week later I made a longish journey and, you guessed it, no traffic news.

I have checked and rechecked the settings and all the boxes and all the appropriate boxes in the Select Announcements menu and sub-menus are ticked. Dealership is out of ideas, especially as everything else works normally. There are no complications with Apple Car Play as I don’t have it, this is plain straightforward FM and DAB.

The lack of traffic news isn’t the 3nd of the world, but I’m at a loss to understand why I’m not receiving it.

Exmpa
have you read your owner's handbook ? That will explain whether you have it or not and how to use it . You have the book in electronic form on your in car screen , but you cant beat a proper book with pages which the dealer can get or download it free from the volvo UK web site ...
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 22:41   #6
exmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
have you read your owner's handbook ? That will explain whether you have it or not and how to use it . You have the book in electronic form on your in car screen , but you cant beat a proper book with pages which the dealer can get or download it free from the volvo UK web site ...
Yes, read it download form and run through the screen settings whilst referring to it as well as talking through the settings whilst on the phone to the dealer.

It’s a straightforward priority override, choose what you want to hear as an override on the main menu, then refine your choices on the FM and DAB options. All the boxes are ticked on all 3 menus.

Exmpa
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 23:03   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Yes, read it download form and run through the screen settings whilst referring to it as well as talking through the settings whilst on the phone to the dealer.

It’s a straightforward priority override, choose what you want to hear as an override on the main menu, then refine your choices on the FM and DAB options. All the boxes are ticked on all 3 menus.

Exmpa
well take it back to them, leave it with them for a few days to verify your complaint and take the appropriate action ... and let them sort it out .. They have full access to the volvo technical department . It could simply be a faulty roof antenna , they were affected by static about 5 years ago . there is a lot they can check first from the car's diagnostic systems , for example signal strengths ...
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 09:26   #8
exmpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
well take it back to them, leave it with them for a few days to verify your complaint and take the appropriate action ... and let them sort it out .. They have full access to the volvo technical department . It could simply be a faulty roof antenna , they were affected by static about 5 years ago . there is a lot they can check first from the car's diagnostic systems , for example signal strengths ...
It’s receiving RDS data, what is not being processed is the TA flag. It’s similar to
Selcal
only at broadcast level.

Exmpa
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 12:15   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
It’s receiving RDS data, what is not being processed is the TA flag. It’s similar to
Selcal
only at broadcast level.

Exmpa
you may well have a faulty unit ..
It's Ironic that volvo were first to use RDS back in 1984 :-)