Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V70 AWD Valuation

Views : 968

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2014, 00:47   #1
Backhill1
Master Member

Default Volvo V70 AWD Valuation

Anyone have an idea of present vehicle valuations? I am thinking of changing my dec 06 (56) V70 D5 (185) sport AWD with 155k on it.

I’m not looking for an accurate valuation but ball park to the nearest grand would be useful. FVSH, Interior A1 exterior a few marks and alloys could do with a refurb. 4 as new tyres all season and just about to MOT and service and have the brakes done all round. And it’s a good colour in metallic silver with armoured tinted glass in the rear (Factory).

Looked on Auto trader and they are advertised at between 5 and 9K??? yet we buy any car are offering buttons?? My guess was maybe 3.5-4K?? am I way off what’s your thoughts??
Backhill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2014, 13:37   #2
volvo145
Premier Member

I would keep it another month or so depending on the weather if you can.The only problem with doing that is your coming onto Christmas/New Year.
You will remember the last time we had snow 4x4s were very scarce up your way. They were shipping them up from down south.
I would have thought starting around the £5000 mark would have been fair as you will always have to come down in price.
Have you tried Morrisons or Ewens of Cornhill for pointers on a price.
I forgot about Birnam Autopoint of Dunkeld who did buy a lot of Volvos direct from dealers

Last edited by volvo145; Oct 25th, 2014 at 13:45.
volvo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo145 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 25th, 2014, 13:59   #3
Backhill1
Master Member

I don't think it would be changed until march as I think factory orders take some time?

Looked on line and there appears good discounts on the xc60 just now hence why I'm thinking about it just now. New cars look cheaper than nearly new so Volvo must be throwing in some discount.
Old Oct 27th, 2014, 14:35   #4
nickbw898

Silly time to sell but if you must just take what you can get and be done!
Old Oct 30th, 2014, 00:33   #5
Backhill1
Master Member

Why do you think it’s a silly time to sell?

The Merc dealer and Volvo said maximum discount was available at this time of year with December offering the most?

To be honest it wasn’t until i seen 9.5K off an XC70 and 7K of an XC60 that i started to think about changing (on-line). That an Merc at the moment are offering £0 depost on an e class and £429 month in the dealer across the road from Volvo (same franchise) after some repairs I had a we looky.

At this point I thought what would mine be worth as a private sale / we buy any car type deal, honestly cannot be bothered with the whole dealer haggling games. Bought my last two new cars 8+ years ago through Sainsbury’s Drive(Bank Of Scotland) when they were doing cars and was much more pleasant / easy. Honest valuation better than dealers and better than what car target price for the new car was there Guarantee. I saved 6 K on a new Shogun in 2005 factory order without even haggling.

Having cooled off for nearly a week and the great job that they have done with fixing the car I have realised that i need to service and MOT anyway so might as well run another year and plan to miss the annual expense next year and maybe change in Late Summer? When is the best time to change then from a bargain point of view?

BTW Aberdeen is not a good place to buy Cars, honestly too much oil money and the dealers feel they don’t have to try.
Old Oct 30th, 2014, 14:23   #6
sunshinetours

Not a silly time to change as its about the cost to change not just the price of your sale, so if big enough discounts on your purchase you can take a bit of hit on sale if need be
sunshinetours is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sunshinetours For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 15th, 2014, 11:08   #7
garethXC

It too have been tempted by the discounts on offer for the XC70 - a dealer near me has one in a very nice spec 2015 MY unregistered (D5 SE Lux, geartonic, Blis, heated seats/scree/wheel etc etc ) that would be just over 45,000 new, with a 10700 discount, without even haggling.......
are these generation X/V70 due for replacement next year or are Volvo just keen to shift stock?
garethXC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garethXC For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 21st, 2014, 12:45   #8
dme123
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethXC View Post
It too have been tempted by the discounts on offer for the XC70 - a dealer near me has one in a very nice spec 2015 MY unregistered (D5 SE Lux, geartonic, Blis, heated seats/scree/wheel etc etc ) that would be just over 45,000 new, with a 10700 discount, without even haggling.......
are these generation X/V70 due for replacement next year or are Volvo just keen to shift stock?
It's an old design now and selling slowly. I understand it's to be replaced with an S90/V90 in line with the XC90 but probably not for a couple of years. They've stopped selling the V70 all together in the USA now and just offer a FWD XC70. Great cars though. If you go to something like www.broadspeed.com you can see the levels of discount they are applying and it's incredible. An S80 looks like it could be a serious bargain if you plan to buy and keep for 10 years.
dme123 is offline   Reply With Quote