Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

NOT a Good Day

Views : 773

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 14:16   #1
SussexD5

Angry NOT a Good Day

I noticed an exhaust strap hanging down this morning on my 5th December purchased S80 D5 SE Lux 09/2005 44,000.

As I was palnning a longish Journey this Holiday period I managed to get Caffyns Volvo to take a look thinking a quick couple of bolts would solve the issue.

Shock , Horror ! The Dealer inspected the car and has reported to me that a Helper frame (sub Frame)ptno.3066657 needs replacing due to a heavy rear directional impact , which has caused colatoral damage bending the helper frame to contact the anti roll bar.
All Parts and Labour £1300.(Merry Christmas to me)

The damage looks none to recent as rust is aparent to some graunched areas.
I am now awaiting the selling dealers response ,Caveat emptor of course But clearly this car was not fit for purpose.
Just what you need in Christmas week.
SussexD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 14:24   #2
Bhowani 2
Bhowani

Default Not a good day

This (well, the £p cost) is horrific.

The only course is indy professional photographs, indy mechanical examination and go for the supplying dealer. Please let us know how you get on, for not many of us crawl under a dealer supplied motor before purchase - even though this tale tells us we should!

What can we wish you - a happier New Year, perhaps"!

Bhowani
Bhowani 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 14:27   #3
SussexD5

Default Thanks

Thanks Bowani.
I certainly made the general under car checks and view the service history and check with the previous owner.
But hey Ho .I am awaiting a response from the Large Car Supermarket Group.
I will certainly not be taking this one lightly.
SussexD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 14:30   #4
S60-MBS
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexD5 View Post
Thanks Bowani.
I certainly made the general under car checks and view the service history and check with the previous owner.
But hey Ho .I am awaiting a response from the Large Car Supermarket Group.
I will certainly not be taking this one lightly.
when i bought a car from a Car Supermarket it was the last time i ever bought one in such manner...the warrany given wasnt worth the paper it was written on..
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 15:48   #5
stoatsngroats

Sorry to hear you news SSXD5, i'd have gone ballistic!!!

Hope you can get things sorted to your satisfaction, and soon!!

I know its hard to think of it this way, but an old saying springs to mind.....

"Whatever happens, happens for the best!"

Chin up!

SC 802 BULB CHANGE
stoatsngroats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 16:16   #6
Fordy

I've had problems with a large car supermarket. I didn't trust them so wrote in agreement 'subject to independent check' and it brought up a load of problems. Long story, but they've had the car to fix it and at my last oil change it seems they lied when saying that they'd replaced some suspension parts.

I'll make my mind up in the new year, but will probably get fixed myself and go small claims/trading standards/local papers.

I made a fuss before signing and got them to give me a pre-sale check sheet for all the items they supposedly checked before sale; suspension, exhaust etc etc. I didn't get one specific to my car, asked but didn't get, but I have a blank check sheet. Needless to say the bits that were broken on mine were shown as a checkable item.

If its the same car supermarket you may want a copy of this sheet, if so pm me. If not you could get a mate to blag a copy out of them....they're usually very helpful till they've had your money.
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote