Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T5R boost question / help please

Views : 6426

Replies : 118

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 2nd, 2022, 12:19   #111
s1monc

Yes, always first Sunday of the month, all year. In the summer months they also hold a meet every 3rd Thursday evening of the month.
Ill send you a message about the April one nearer the time if I remember.
s1monc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2022, 12:30   #112
Pupbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1monc View Post
Yes, always first Sunday of the month, all year. In the summer months they also hold a meet every 3rd Thursday evening of the month.
Ill send you a message about the April one nearer the time if I remember.
Please do, I'll make a diary note too. Is there a webpage for the group at all? I'm not on Facebook but if there's something on there I can ask my missus to have a nosey
Pupbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2022, 15:06   #113
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Brilliant stuff, so pleased for you. Now at last you can get to enjoy it eh?

Hope you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the exhaust system? I assume that it included the cat and everything after it?

Cheers & well done for sticking with it.
Old Mar 2nd, 2022, 15:38   #114
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxobarge View Post

Hope you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the exhaust system? I assume that it included the cat and everything after it?

+1 ^^^^^^^^

No one would wish that amount of pain on anyone, but the upside is that everything else has been well sorted and hopefully will ensure many miles of trouble free enjoyment.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2022, 19:52   #115
s1monc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Please do, I'll make a diary note too. Is there a webpage for the group at all? I'm not on Facebook but if there's something on there I can ask my missus to have a nosey
It’s a FB group.
s1monc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2022, 21:19   #116
Pupbelly

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxobarge View Post

In all the cars I’ve owned I’ve never had anything like this one so far as being a sod to sort. On the plus side I’ve replaced all manner of components and yes the car can only benefit from it being done and I’ve no regrets in that respect.

What is bloody frustrating is that right back at the start when I first bought the car I took it to my Subaru guy who was open with me by saying he could look at the Volvo but didn’t really have the time but he thought the exhaust was possibly blocked and to take it to Maidstone Exhaust centre because they’re the guys to make good stainless steel system. Instead I buggered about based on internet and many a forum research which lead me off in other directions and here we are 6 months on to be right back where Clive the Subaru guy said, and we have a resolution!

Anyway, the cost? Full stainless system from turbo back including replacement cat £500 plus the VAT. I’m pleased with that. My Hayward and Scott hand made system on the Subaru cost just shy of £800 and that was 15 years ago but to be fair it’s still there and looks as good as the day it was installed. Here’s hoping this system will remain in place as long and that the car continues on for a lot of years to come too.

Next event. MOT time. That should be fun! Booked in for the 11th. What could possibly go wrong?!! That will be the acid test as to how good this car really is in my mind but for now it sounds and goes like it should do. Finally!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pupbelly For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 19:57   #117
Pupbelly

Thumbs up

Well possibly the last instalment here today the big bus passed it’s MOT and I’m a very happy bunny. The new Cat and stainless system worked a treat. Emissions were well below where they were meant to be and the car now has a clean bill of health for 12 months! Finally!!

Now I can start to enjoy the car and give it some more love and attention, not that it needs it but I’ll start cleaning all the underside and making sure it lasts for many many years to come.

I’ll no doubt be on here lurking and if anything goes awry I’ll be back to seek help.

TTFN
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pupbelly For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 22:19   #118
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Well done mate, couldn't be happier for you, nice one and well done for sticking with it.

Cheers!
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 22:44   #119
sdg1970
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Well possibly the last instalment here today the big bus passed it’s MOT and I’m a very happy bunny. The new Cat and stainless system worked a treat. Emissions were well below where they were meant to be and the car now has a clean bill of health for 12 months! Finally!!

Now I can start to enjoy the car and give it some more love and attention, not that it needs it but I’ll start cleaning all the underside and making sure it lasts for many many years to come.

I’ll no doubt be on here lurking and if anything goes awry I’ll be back to seek help.

TTFN
Do you know what cat they put in it?? 200/400 cel?? I've just put a 400 cel ceramic one into my 3" downpipe, but haven't done an emissions test yet...
sdg1970 is offline   Reply With Quote