Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 75384

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 17th, 2021, 13:52   #41
smithsc

Looks well that, glad I picked thunder grey now, I'm only in Halifax so could meet when I get mine it'll be great to see 2 of them as never seen one on the road.

Did you get the upgraded electric motor?
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 13:56   #42
milzibkit

I saw your post on the Facebook group - it looks great! Feel free to post more pictures when you get the time!
milzibkit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to milzibkit For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 15:43   #43
chezzerv90

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsc View Post
Looks well that, glad I picked thunder grey now, I'm only in Halifax so could meet when I get mine it'll be great to see 2 of them as never seen one on the road.

Did you get the upgraded electric motor?
Yea, it was a blessing in disguise them dropping Osmium, much prefer Thunder now. Yea definitely, I saw one in black a few days after placing my order and none since.

Early MY22 so no upgraded motor. Just glad it's here TBH, don't think I could've waited longer.
chezzerv90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chezzerv90 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 21:02   #44
smithsc

I’m glad you’re happy with it I’ve only got 5 months more to wait but I guess it could be brought forward ha
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 07:10   #45
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzerv90 View Post
All I've got at the moment with it being dark so early and went for 19", personally not a fan of over sized wheels regardless of ride quality.

That is a really lovely looking car. I like the V60 in any guise but this looks cool. Some cars (including yours) look so svelte in these subdues solid colours (my wife has just received her long awaited Cupra Formentor in solid grey which would look so wrong on many cars but so right on that) where others (my anticipated XC90 for example) imho suit the metallic colours. Thanks for posting such a ‘moody’ picture.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 08:32   #46
smithsc

It’s not actually a solid colour it’s metallic believe it or not and it looks different depending on how the light shines.
The Following User Says Thank You to smithsc For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 18:01   #47
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsc View Post
It’s not actually a solid colour it’s metallic believe it or not and it looks different depending on how the light shines.
Even cooler then!!!!
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 16:00   #48
MK09

Beautiful looking car. I can’t quite put my finger on Thunder Grey. Looks stunning here and the wheels and orange brake callipers really set it off. Certainly works far better on R Design models with the black trim, but it looked plain wrong on an XC90 Inscription which I test drove.

I guess it works on some models and trim levels better than others.
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 16:28   #49
Dohnut

Agree with you there, MK - Thunder just doesn’t look right on XC90 to me. Awesome on V60 though!

In other news my dealer has informed me all orders are “currently in a holding pool whilst being processed by the factory,” whatever that means.

The sceptic in me still expects an apologetic email in a few days informing me the factory has confirmed “computer says no” when it comes to my B5D order.

Last edited by Dohnut; Nov 19th, 2021 at 17:35.
Dohnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 16:30   #50
Lozzingers

Looks fab - We had a Thunder Grey XC90 T8 R-design MY22 for only 2 months this year, was stock car, so didn't choose the colour, but actually is really nice, and I miss it (Have black now which is second worst to white, but limited choice!). Some pics of ours in different light - like was said above, with black R-design, it really looks smart. Black car's with black trim just looks a bit boring, and it doesn't pop - would have preferred chrome on a black car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4287.jpg (400.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4311.jpg (392.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4300.jpg (392.7 KB, 83 views)
Ex:MY22 XC90 T8 R Design-Grey
Ex:MY17 XC90 D5 PP -Grey
Lozzingers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lozzingers For This Useful Post: