Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

amazon estate rear shocks

Views : 1407

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 14th, 2013, 00:02   #1
tom-madbiker
Master Member

Default amazon estate rear shocks

right i ordered a set of shocks from corby motorsport gaz adjustables for the amo estate part no gt 5001 when they arrived they have pins top and bottom like the saloon ones they reckon that its unusual to have ring fixings i thought all amo estates had loop fixings on the rear shocks they were sold as for the amo estate the saloon rears are a different part no
tom-madbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 00:11   #2
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

you are correct they should be ring ended 100% so dont let them fobb you off they have given you salon ones for sure.

so i would gain a picture of what they should be and send them the photo explain to them ok ... so you ( them the company ) sold me these shocks and assure me they are correct fittment now look at my photo and explain how the hec im spose to fit yours ( pic even of there product ) to my car which is clearly wrong ??? see what they say but 100% they have given you the incorrect shocks for your car .

regards

robert

i bet they used a generic image on listing lol , dont take no rubbish from them they should know as you ordered amazon estate shocks i mean its there bussiness so you would think they would be clued up

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 00:31   #3
tom-madbiker
Master Member

yep it was a generic photo so i assumed that they would know which car it fits especially as its listed for the estate and the saloon is a different part no unfortunatley no number on the shocks
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 09:29   #4
Colonel Froth

That's the correct part number, did Corby or Gaz say that the rings are unusual?
Colonel Froth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 11:25   #5
jimbo1593
Master Member

I got my GAZ shocks, for a saloon, from Corby Motorsport and they were spot on.
Shame you've had a bad experience, though it shouldn't be too difficult to prove them wrong.
I think you made the right decision going with GAZ, I'm very impressed with my set; better and cheaper than Bilsteins, especially on the back.
jimbo1593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 12:57   #6
Derek UK
VOC Member

Smile

I think it was in 2010 that I picked up a catalogue from the Bilstein stand at the Techno Classic show at Essen. I found that even they listed the wrong shock with the wrong fittings on the estate. The following year I talked to one of the reps and he gave me an email address to send the information/corrections to. Got a thank you and hope they revised the listing but who knows. If they can get it wrong I suppose anyone can.

04/2010 Catalogue reads Amazon Estate rear - B46-0293 with pin fit both ends.
Should be B46 - 0182 with bushed eye each end.

(All Amazon front - B46-0283. Saloon rear B46-0293)
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 23:30   #7
tom-madbiker
Master Member

corby said they thought the rings were unusual i will try to talk to gaz tomorrow on the box all the part nos are right c f have you got gaz shocks on your estate then
The Following User Says Thank You to tom-madbiker For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 07:40   #8
Quarterless
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-madbiker View Post
corby said they thought the rings were unusual i will try to talk to gaz tomorrow on the box all the part nos are right c f have you got gaz shocks on your estate then
Just sent you a message. Get Corby to call Gaz and tell them to talk to Dave as he has the specs for the ones they made for my car. Double check the lengths and adjuster knobs though as I think mine were built shorter due to the car being lowered. You need screw driver adjusters on the front ones.
James
Quarterless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 10:05   #9
tom-madbiker
Master Member

i belive the standard ones are 270mm between centres compressed i think that should do im lowered 50mm at the mo although im going back up by 10mm soon to compensate for the amount of stuff i carry in the back and towing the caravan
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 13:13   #10
Bladerider
Amazoniac

Figures for shock absorber from green book are:
Saloon first, Estate second figure
Front mm mm
compressed 300 300
extended 415 415

Rear
compressed 355 270
extended 530 428