Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Brimfull's 2009 V50 T5 SE R-Design

Views : 5902

Replies : 62

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 29th, 2021, 21:33   #21
andy_d
Premier Member

guess Who bought a tailgate seal, brand spankers from volvo Before finding it was the under a £10 rear screen washer seal,, and is Good at bailing out spare wheel well,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 13:00   #22
Brimfull
V50 R-Design SE T5 baby!!

These arrived today having only been ordered on Tuesday afternoon from Volvo Parts at TMS Motor Group.

A set of genuine Volvo V50 car mats, these are not cheap however they are a match for the beyond repair original mats that I have currently fitted.

20210401_114032.jpg

20210401_114039.jpg

I did order a set of mats from Carmats.co.uk but canceled the order due to them messing me about so paid a little more for genuine Volvo mats.

V50 T5 R-Design SE

Last edited by Brimfull; Apr 1st, 2021 at 13:12.
Brimfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 14:02   #23
Brimfull

The plan at the moment with this car is to tidy up a few issues. I have already replaced all the discs and pads with Brembo items as I was getting a slight wobble through the steering wheel on heavy braking which I put down to warped discs. The new discs and pads have cured this issue.

I have fitted a K&N Panel filter this is something I have always done on my turbo-engined cars (Rover 800 Vitesse sport, Subaru Impreza Wrx Sti, Vectra VXR, Saab 9-5 Aero, and a Seat Leon FR TFSI) as after a few services the filter pays for its self as they don't need replacing just cleaning and re-oiled with a very liberal amount of oil.

The inside has had a good clean with the seats receiving some leather cleaner and protector. Everything inside the car works as it should with the high-performance sound system sounding fantastic.

Sat Nav system works a treat although it is a bit outdated with its looks however I do have the option to use my phone via the USB port for navigation.

Next week it is going to a Body-shop to have several scratches that have penetrated the base coat repaired. Mechanically it appears all good having had a few hundred pounds spent on various suspension components and everything else appears to be in order.

Car was serviced and checked over back in Feb this year by VOLSAA garage in Derby who found no issues. I have purchased 6lts of Millers' oil which I will change in the next few months as the oil was only changed back in Feb.

V50 T5 R-Design SE

Last edited by Brimfull; Apr 1st, 2021 at 14:07.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brimfull For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 17:17   #24
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimfull View Post
These arrived today having only been ordered on Tuesday afternoon from Volvo Parts at TMS Motor Group.

A set of genuine Volvo V50 car mats, these are not cheap however they are a match for the beyond repair original mats that I have currently fitted.

Attachment 134477

Attachment 134478

I did order a set of mats from Carmats.co.uk but canceled the order due to them messing me about so paid a little more for genuine Volvo mats.
I too bought genuine Volvo car mats when I bought my C30... they're a nice touch. Not cheap as you say, but they strangely seem so much better than aftermarket ones.
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 17:28   #25
Brimfull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
I too bought genuine Volvo car mats when I bought my C30... they're a nice touch. Not cheap as you say, but they strangely seem so much better than aftermarket ones.
I too have bought aftermarket ones in the past and find the holes don't always line up with the fasteners, they slide whilst driving and after a few months, the edges can start to curl up.

V50 T5 R-Design SE
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 21:21   #26
Brimfull

Fitted a set of these headlight bulbs this evening. Not had a chance to put the headlights on yet to see if there is an improvement over the Philips ones that were already fitted.

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7...gen-bulbs.html

Also replaced the locking wheel nuts with regular nuts as far as I am concerned locking nuts are more hassle than what they are worth.

V50 T5 R-Design SE
The Following User Says Thank You to Brimfull For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 19:31   #27
Brimfull

Fitted a pair of sidelight/parking light bulbs today, as one of the bulb had blown.

20210423_182443.jpg

Note to self for future reference....when replacing the side light bulbs its a good idea to remove the circular cap on the headlight which makes access to the side light bulbs far far easier 😂

V50 T5 R-Design SE
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 19:58   #28
Welton
Premier Member

Those pesky W5 capsule holders are a PITA to access, I use long-nose pliers and it took years to realise they just pull straight out! I used to think they required a quarter-turn to remove
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Welton For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 20:20   #29
Brimfull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
Those pesky W5 capsule holders are a PITA to access, I use long-nose pliers and it took years to realise they just pull straight out! I used to think they required a quarter-turn to remove
I used long nose pliers on the first headlight but did not realise until changing the second one, that removing the screw-on cap allows access to the W5 bulb holder and then you don't need the pliers as such.

V50 T5 R-Design SE
Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 20:37   #30
Willber G
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimfull View Post
Fitted a pair of sidelight/parking light bulbs today, as one of the bulb had blown.

Attachment 134985

Note to self for future reference....when replacing the side light bulbs its a good idea to remove the circular cap on the headlight which makes access to the side light bulbs far far easier 😂
That's a coincidence, I ordered some of those yesterday (along with a pair of Philips WhiteVision H7 headlight bulbs). Are they any good?
The Following User Says Thank You to Willber G For This Useful Post: