Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 - rattles/creaks/squeaks ?

Views : 2585

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 16:23   #11
wilbydoughboy

Default Rattles

The rattles and creaks are my only real complaint withy my car. I tracked one down to a badly fitted air filter box but I have had a rattle from my passenger door for a fair while and it can be worse depending on temperature. I have had a look behind the panel but have given up and hope it will cure itself. I think most of these rattles are due to the vibration from the diesel engine.
wilbydoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 18:44   #12
id5
Premier Member

Only done 12,500 miles but no rattles and can't really even hear the engine at speed until 2,500 rpm and then it is more of a drone but it is not intrusive. There is a windscreen whistle that has started but that is a known fault that should get fixed soon under the warranty. I have had worse Audi's.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:57   #13
Choffit

The load cover creaks on mine. It's very annoying. The car has 56k on the clock but I don't thnk this is an excuse.

Previously XC60 SE AWD 205 BHP Geartronic registered 31/12/2009
Choffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:52   #14
Kiwi Volvo

2 years old, 20,000km.

I've had a few creaks/squeaks/rattles.

Most annoying one was the LCD binnacle that sits on top of the dash. The unit was making a squeaking sound. A new assembly is still waiting to arrive but until then I have a clothes-peg which applies pressure to the area that squeaks.

The second noise was creaking in the door panels/cards.
I try and prevent folks from shutting the doors too hard....but over time the door panels move out of place which makes them creak. Every few weeks I need to re-seat the door panels with a series of thumps round the edges of the panels.

Thirdly, a rattle appeared over the weekend when I went on a 1000km trip.
At appx 90-100km/h on course-chip sealed roads, the passenger door handle rattles. The rattle stops if pressure is applied between the central locking switch and the window switch. I'll get this looked at when the new part is fitted.

And there is a minor intermittent squeak from the upper dash area in the front of the driver (RH drive). The squeak comes and goes depending on ambient temperature.

Given the fairly rough roads we have here (due to earthquake damage), I'm considering trading the R-design in for a new model with a more compliant ride.
Old May 12th, 2021, 18:02   #15
Andy Fitter
Tow ball

I have a 2017 XC60 with 52k. Had a rattle at the rear for a while now. I've removed everything not bolted to the car but it's still there, with seats up and down. Trouble is, can't decide if its left or right, in the car or under the car. Am wondering if it's a rear shock absorber or tailgate electric strut.
Also have an annoying light rattle developed in the drivers door over the last 2 weeks. Going to get the panel off to take a look soon
Andy Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 19:39   #16
Deck1ng
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choffit View Post
The load cover creaks on mine. It's very annoying. The car has 56k on the clock but I don't thnk this is an excuse.
Apply some talc to the two surfaces on both sides, it’s only the plastic rubbing.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote