Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 P2 conversion options, esp tank size.

Views : 2318

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 12th, 2022, 00:44   #1
arctan

Default V70 P2 conversion options, esp tank size.

Hello fellow members. I've had two 940's running on Prinz systems over twelve years, so I'm familiar with LPG. I'm now about to get my '04, 170 bhp, NA, V70 Auto, converted. Can anyone advise on:
Tank size (in place of spare).
One or four hole tank type.
Manual vs Electronic valve lube.

Any other clues are welcome! Unlike my 940's, I'm not hammering this car, as I feel the autobox is a bit more delicate. Also, it's not a boosted turbo, so it doesn't invite boot down! I'm aware that simpler plugs are a good idea (Denso). And maybe the odd coil pack will show it's age/faults once converted?

'91 3Ltr 960. '91 2.3 HPT 960. 98 Celebration.'97 LPT (Anti roll, MBC) - Current.
'04 V70 Auto, Petrol -Current.
'05 Accord Estate, 2.4 Auto -Current
arctan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 22:15   #2
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Tank size is same as most commonly used in 940's - 650x270 77ltr

4 hole tank are more expensive. The advantage is faster filling but by using the same filler hose as the 4 hole you can almost the same result

Electronic flashlube is really for turbo engines

Plugs convert to single prong plugs and yes coilpacks will show up sooner. Very easy to change and would not hurt to carry a spare one
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 00:12   #3
arctan

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Tank size is same as most commonly used in 940's - 650x270 77ltr

4 hole tank are more expensive. The advantage is faster filling but by using the same filler hose as the 4 hole you can almost the same result

Electronic flashlube is really for turbo engines

Plugs convert to single prong plugs and yes coilpacks will show up sooner. Very easy to change and would not hurt to carry a spare one
Many thanks, Classicswede. I'll pass the filler tip to the installers. I'm guessing manual Flashlube then? And I may or maynot get a couple of coil packs from the breakers, to have on hand.

'91 3Ltr 960. '91 2.3 HPT 960. 98 Celebration.'97 LPT (Anti roll, MBC) - Current.
'04 V70 Auto, Petrol -Current.
'05 Accord Estate, 2.4 Auto -Current
arctan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 00:18   #4
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

You're only up the road. I've got a toroidal Stako, which I think is 65L sitting here. It's full too. Yours for the price of what's in it. I was about to put it to BBQ use, but you'll want it full. I've PMed you.Came out of a P80 which has same size wheel-well.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jun 14th, 2022 at 00:21.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 00:05   #5
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Stako now sold.
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 12:26   #6
amorlv70

Hello, I've been running an '04 v70 2.4n/a on LPG for about 25k miles. My tank is a toroidal spare wheel tank, I think 50l as it brims at around 36-37l. With the declining number of decently-priced stations, and long trips, I am wondering if there are any options for expansion of the tank, without losing any boot space. I am aware the v70 bifuel had an under-floor cylinder, but then I think it had a different boot floor to accomodate for it.. Has anyone managed a setup that gets over 200 miles to a tank without losing boot space? Thanks
amorlv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2022, 21:01   #7
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

There is space for a tank that will hold around 65ltr of LPG so greatly increase your range. Either your tank has a fault or the installers cheaped out and just fitted a small tank they had around.

The factory fit came with a smaller petrol tank making room for the LPG tank
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 21:43   #8
amorlv70

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
There is space for a tank that will hold around 65ltr of LPG so greatly increase your range. Either your tank has a fault or the installers cheaped out and just fitted a small tank they had around.

The factory fit came with a smaller petrol tank making room for the LPG tank
Ah. I will have a look and measure. Thank you
amorlv70 is offline   Reply With Quote