Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 Convertible Potentially Wanted...

Views : 787

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2014, 01:15   #1
Big Boaty

Default C70 Convertible Potentially Wanted...

Hi Folks,

After accidentally buying a 460 Turbo and subsequently finding this forum, my obsessive nature has as usual kicked in, and in the last couple of weeks a 960CD and an S70 CD Turbo have made their way into the fold. Now, I'm particularly impressed by the S70, so am minded to change our summer drophead (currently an S1 Eunos Roadster V Spec Lightweight) for a ragtop C70.

Buying one would be dependant on selling the 460 (currently on eBay - it's too nice for me to keep, it deserves to be cosseted and maybe showed), and probably the Eunos...unless of course someone was interested in a deal. Though I'm sure that if something entirely compelling arose I dare say I could dig under the mattress!

I'd also be grateful for any general advice on the model: pitfalls, foibles, common issues, etc etc etc. All contributions gratefully received!
Big Boaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2014, 20:59   #2
cherry1809
Middle aged Member

There's a C70 going in for auction tomorrow here http://www.husseys.co.uk/carauctions.ashx and they have a habit of going very cheap. Bit of a drive though...
cherry1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cherry1809 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 00:27   #3
danrhyn

Hi, if you're still looking then you might want to get in touch with this guy;

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=216315

I'm a huge fan of the C70, had mine around 3 1/2 years now and not had too many issues with it, main one was various bits of the steering rack needing replacing last year but I think that was just my car rather than a common problem. Alternator died around 94000 miles (a few months ago), and this month I've had to replace the coolant expansion tank, I've never had any really serious issues with it though, it's always driven well. I won't be selling just yet as I'm far too attached to it, but maybe in a year or two depending on circumstances