Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37772

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 31st, 2021, 23:32   #31
BlueOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
Hi all, Placed my order for a XC60 R-Design Pro B5 (Mild) at the end of June. Dealer was trying to get order delivered for new reg at the start of sept. But that has slipped to near the end. What with the shutdown of Volvo's plant in Torslanda this week due to the chip shortage!

When i ordered my car i WAS unable to order BLIS or 360 Cam, but everything else was good to go.
Have you managed to add the camera now? I had the same problem but managed to add the camera on later.
BlueOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 23:57   #32
Ian.7878

Not bothered by the 360 cam, decided to upgrade the audio to the HK instead!
Old Sep 3rd, 2021, 21:02   #33
Maccaboy10

Ordered T8 Recharge R Design Pro end June. At first it was delivery in Sept, then likely October and yesterday I was told end November. BLiS was also removed.
Maccaboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 10:22   #34
theronin

I was under the impression that the recharge models for the UK market were all made in China, but I've juts been told by the dealer mine is being made in Sweden. Anyone clarify this? I'm also being told the car isnt even built yet despite the delivery date being this week, which has now been pushed back several weeks.
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 11:26   #35
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
I was under the impression that the recharge models for the UK market were all made in China, but I've juts been told by the dealer mine is being made in Sweden. Anyone clarify this? I'm also being told the car isnt even built yet despite the delivery date being this week, which has now been pushed back several weeks.
I have a T6 Recharge R Design that was made in China around 9th August. It's currently somewhere in Europe with estimated delivery of 19th September however looking like it will be earlier based on the speed it's been travelling.
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 12:28   #36
theronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
I have a T6 Recharge R Design that was made in China around 9th August. It's currently somewhere in Europe with estimated delivery of 19th September however looking like it will be earlier based on the speed it's been travelling.
Mines got delivery of 15th sept now. Told the dealer there's no hope if it's not even built 🤣
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 12:40   #37
griffin447

Quote:
Mines got delivery of 15th sept now. Told the dealer there's no hope if it's not even built 🤣
To be be fair if it's made in Sweden it's possible. It only takes a day to build a car and a couple of days to transport to UK. I wouldn't give up hope just yet. If it gets to Friday and you don't hear anything then you may have to give up hope...
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 12:49   #38
theronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
To be be fair if it's made in Sweden it's possible. It only takes a day to build a car and a couple of days to transport to UK. I wouldn't give up hope just yet. If it gets to Friday and you don't hear anything then you may have to give up hope...
Didn't realise it was that quick from Sweden, thanks for the info 👍
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 12:59   #39
griffin447

Quote:
Didn't realise it was that quick from Sweden, thanks for the info 👍
Building a car doesn't take long at all it's the transport that causes the delays. Coming from China you're talking 22 days and that's if everything goes like clockwork. The cargo ships can get from Gothenburg to UK port in less than 24 hours.
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 18:14   #40
MG14

Just spoken to my dealer to get an update. Car builds are allocated 5 days but, it would seem, that mine is down for 3. Not to worry, it’s still on schedule for delivery to the dealer by 5 Oct, which is great news.
MG14 is offline   Reply With Quote