Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37788

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 8th, 2021, 08:30   #171
lawndom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverW90 View Post
Afternoon gents.

This is my first post on the forum so please be nice

My wife & I committed to a new 2022 XC60 start of August. The vehicle already had a build slot which was 12th Sept due to it being a stock configuration. However, when I called for an update a week after that I was told it hadn't been built yet and was looking at mid-Nov. Anyone else experienced this?

I know this is an issue across most manufacturers but had hoped if we already had a build slot then we might have avoided the delays

It's my first XC60 and I must say i'm very excited !
Mine was due around end of Sept at the dealers. Then was told late Oct. All was fine as my current lease doesn't run out until the end of Nov.

Then a couple of weeks ago, new date is now end of Dec. I was told that the car had been built so I'm assuming it's transportation issue. Car is a T6 Recharge to guess it's coming from China somehow!

Luckily I've been able to extend the current xc60 lease at the same monthly deal with Volvo.
lawndom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2021, 13:42   #172
OliverW90

Believe it or not I actually got the call on Friday to say my car was going to be ready to pick up this week.

Collect on Thursday!
OliverW90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2021, 22:14   #173
Ian.7878

HI John
Well my XC60 is going back to the dealers next week for a couple of days!
Im hoping they are able to do a "wipe and reload" in effect totally format the entire system and then reinstall the AAOS with all the latest patches and stuff.

@Griffin447, Was nothing to do with the signal strength, I was reading on a different forum, that a 2GB file ( or something around that kinda size) is downloaded to the car after a few days of being "activated" but with my car being "activated" then factory reset all with in a 72H period think it got slightly confused and took slightly longer to downloaded
Old Nov 8th, 2021, 22:20   #174
Ian.7878

Default WARNING about REBOOTING AAOS using.......

HI Guys,
Just kinda been told off by my dealer for finding out how to reboot a frozen AAOS system, apparently that info should not be known to us the general public!

I was told that it should only be used by the "service center" when the car is connected to VIDA. SO read into that what you will!
Hopfully the dealer can resolve my "software issues" with my XC60 next week when they have the car for a "FEW" days!
Right now as far as im concerned the car is NOT FIT FOR PURPOUS, and am seriously thinking about handing the car back to them if this is not fixed!

As other have mentioned, and i have posted that taking away the USB playback function is a SERIOUS backwards step.

Good luck to those who are collecting their cars soon! i hope you don't have as many issues am im having!

Cheers
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 14:22   #175
yellowbentines

Just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat as me - waiting on a model being built that has been recently discontinued from the current range? B4 diesel engine AND Inscription trim in my case.

Ordered early September and recently given a build estimate of late March which I thought was longer than others had been quoted, and now concerned - could there will be a cut-off point where the factory will stop building the discontinued engine/trim and any unfulfilled orders cancelled?

Last edited by yellowbentines; Nov 9th, 2021 at 15:44.
yellowbentines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 08:44   #176
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
HI John,
Sorry to pour water on your email from Volvo UK, I have a XC60 that has a Harman Kardon system, AND you cant play MP3 via a USB stick either with a USB converter or with out.
I have had my XC60 since the middle of last month.

One OTHER thing to watch out for is the car takes about a week or so to download a 2GB update that resolved some glitches. MY car was already running the 1.7 AAOS.

Hope you enjoy your car!
Hi, Wondered if you managed to install AudioWagon from Google Play and get it working with a USB C flash drive?
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 09:20   #177
Lexman8
Premier Member

Regarding mp3 playback from USB, this is probably a decision made by Google, over which Volvo has little or no influence.

You have to understand that Google (just like Apple) don't want you to 'own' your music or have ultimate control over it. This doesn't fit with their business model for monetising you.
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 10:11   #178
flacau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Regarding mp3 playback from USB, this is probably a decision made by Google, over which Volvo has little or no influence.

You have to understand that Google (just like Apple) don't want you to 'own' your music or have ultimate control over it. This doesn't fit with their business model for monetising you.
Yes it's a conspiracy, Bill Gates is on this too .

Seriously now, Spotify and other music content providers have apps published for Android Automotive, it is just Volvo who hasn't developed an integrated music player that can read from USB.

Renault and other manufacturer are moving to Android Automotive, and I am sure they have a music player, maybe other apps third-party apps will be published in the Play Store that will allow USB playback.

The main problem that I see is that Volvo launched the Android Automotive in an unfinished state, wanting to be innovative but...
- No Android Auto (probably never)
- No Waze (probably never)
- No USB Playback
- No Apple Carplay (wired or wireless)
- No network coverage for the integrated sim in many countries (phone hot-spot needed )
- Yes on yelling in your car "Ok Google turn on the TV in living room" and "Ok Google find the nearest Starbucks " while your child is maybe sleeping

This looks like my Renault Megane II infotainment with third party GPS

Maybe I am wrong but I don't consider this in any way innovative....
flacau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flacau For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 10:58   #179
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacau View Post
Yes it's a conspiracy, Bill Gates is on this too .

Seriously now, Spotify and other music content providers have apps published for Android Automotive, it is just Volvo who hasn't developed an integrated music player that can read from USB.

Renault and other manufacturer are moving to Android Automotive, and I am sure they have a music player, maybe other apps third-party apps will be published in the Play Store that will allow USB playback.

The main problem that I see is that Volvo launched the Android Automotive in an unfinished state, wanting to be innovative but...
- No Android Auto (probably never)
- No Waze (probably never)
- No USB Playback
- No Apple Carplay (wired or wireless)
- No network coverage for the integrated sim in many countries (phone hot-spot needed )
- Yes on yelling in your car "Ok Google turn on the TV in living room" and "Ok Google find the nearest Starbucks " while your child is maybe sleeping

This looks like my Renault Megane II infotainment with third party GPS

Maybe I am wrong but I don't consider this in any way innovative....
Additionally, I don't think Volvo is really an 'app developer', it very much feels like they are leaving that up to others to develop with Volvo simply providing the AAOS platform to allow that. Like Spotify has developed its App and that works on AAOS therefore the AudioWagon App should also work on Volvos with AAOS and it will be very interesting to know if it does work. It seems to work on the Polestars.

I should add, Volvo aren't 'currently' really an app developer......I understand they are expanding this area.

Last edited by Fibrous; Nov 11th, 2021 at 11:08.
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 11:19   #180
Fibrous

This is interesting to read re the Volvo computing approach.
The last paragraph mentions examples of what can be done in software updates re infotainment and battery life, the latter has already happened. The article was written back in July.
https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...ds-in-software
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fibrous For This Useful Post: