Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37798

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 24th, 2021, 14:44   #161
My22xc60

The online manual for MY2022 (2021w22) even mentions a hard disk!!

"Storage space on hard disk
Updated 12/05/2021
It is possible to view how much free space there is on the car's hard disk.

Check available space by means of the following:

Tap on settings at the bottom of the display.
Select System.
Continue to Storage."
My22xc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 16:08   #162
Ian.7878

Yep that is correct! Having now been living with the car for a few days now. I have manged to do the following
1) install ( Jet Audio app) onto phone so that can play via Bluetooth
2) Install ( Youtube Music app) into car and then from desktop at home upload music into that

Still have a major issue with the Volvo car app( Was Volvo on call ) car is linked! when app open just get a shaded image of the car No info. also unable to unlink car from app.
Had to delete app and reinstall and then FACTORY RESET the AAOS.

A Further annoyance that i have is with the google maps, ON the Digital gagues below the speedo, it displays the current max road speed. Well mine keep deciding ON ITS OWN to change this, A local road near to where i live has a posted limit of 40 MPH the Car things this is a 30 road! Even on Motorways it sometimes show the correct 70 limit but others it was showing 50 or 60 and that was on a clear road ( No overhead signs list or anything) So Google have some SERIOUS WORK to resolve.
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 09:38   #163
RandolphC

I have the same problem with Google and the speed limit visual plus it shows some roads as busy when they are empty, I have reported this to Volvo UK and told me to discuss with dealerr whose reaction was "it needs an update" - not very helpful.

I have been unable to work out how to put apps into the system from an Apple phone - any suggestions besides get a different phone !
RandolphC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 19:16   #164
Ian.7878

Hi RandolphC.
The ONLY apps you can install are from the GOOGLE Play Store!
I would suggest installing Youtube Music in the car and then from home uploading into your Youtube Music account!

OR if you want you can download a media player on your phone and then bluetooth to the car.
Not really THAT HOT on how the iphone connects as i have an android phone, Apple Car play IS COMING but the jungle drums dont quite know when!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian.7878 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 13:30   #165
OliverW90

Afternoon gents.

This is my first post on the forum so please be nice

My wife & I committed to a new 2022 XC60 start of August. The vehicle already had a build slot which was 12th Sept due to it being a stock configuration. However, when I called for an update a week after that I was told it hadn't been built yet and was looking at mid-Nov. Anyone else experienced this?

I know this is an issue across most manufacturers but had hoped if we already had a build slot then we might have avoided the delays

It's my first XC60 and I must say i'm very excited !
OliverW90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 14:10   #166
john1878

Hi Oliver and welcome. We ordered ours mid August and we’re told end of October beginning of November, but not heard anything recently.

With regard to usb playback issue, I had this reply today from a Volvo uk person;

“Thank you for your email.

I can confirm a standard USB memory stick, coupled with a 'USB to Type-C USB' adaptor, will be able to be inserted in the Type-C USB Slot on the Model Year 2022 XC60.

I can also confirm, in this instance, the media content from the USB memory stick will then be played on the car's audio system. If the Harman Kardon System is chosen as an optional extra when configuring the car, any media content from the USB memory stick will be played through the Harmon Kardon audio system.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards”

I guess I’ll know for sure if it works when it turns up.
john1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to john1878 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 6th, 2021, 23:54   #167
Ian.7878

HI John,
Sorry to pour water on your email from Volvo UK, I have a XC60 that has a Harman Kardon system, AND you cant play MP3 via a USB stick either with a USB converter or with out.
I have had my XC60 since the middle of last month.

One OTHER thing to watch out for is the car takes about a week or so to download a 2GB update that resolved some glitches. MY car was already running the 1.7 AAOS.

Hope you enjoy your car!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian.7878 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 7th, 2021, 09:26   #168
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
HI John,
Sorry to pour water on your email from Volvo UK, I have a XC60 that has a Harman Kardon system, AND you cant play MP3 via a USB stick either with a USB converter or with out.

One OTHER thing to watch out for is the car takes about a week or so to download a 2GB update that resolved some glitches. MY car was already running the 1.7 AAOS.

Hope you enjoy your car!
It shouldn’t take that long. Sounds like the signal in your area is fairly poor for it to take that long or there is a problem somewhere. You can force update now by going to settings but you should also receive a notification on your app since 1.7.
1.8 (or whatever it’s called) is due imminently based on their typical 3-4 week update schedule.
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2021, 19:14   #169
john1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
HI John,

Hope you enjoy your car!
Thanks Ian. I just hope I can get that audiowagon app working. Still shocked that a basic function is unavailable in such an expensive car.
Old Nov 7th, 2021, 19:36   #170
john1878

Double post Error

Last edited by john1878; Nov 7th, 2021 at 19:38.