Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37807

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 17:30   #111
Ruggles17

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1878 View Post
Had an update yesterday evening. The sales chap told us the car is going to be supplied as ordered, with nappa vented seats and with the cooling system. Naturally, very pleased, but he wouldn’t be drawn on the delivery date, we were due delivery at the end of this month, but I’m expecting it to be delayed. I’m happy to wait and get the car we want and the kids are happy as they get to keep our XC90 a bit longer

That’s good to hear. I also had that confirmation today from the dealer. Car is coming with nappa ventilated seats as ordered.
Ruggles17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 10:19   #112
xtratime

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtratime View Post
Looks like yours is in the same batch as mine with a build slot of 29th Sep and delivery that week also (B4D).
Looks like build date has slipped again. No definite build date but delivery now showing end of October
xtratime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 09:57   #113
flacau

Volvo updated all PHEV with a bigger battery that should obtain a range of 80km, instead of 50 and a more powerful electric motor with over 140hp.

My new x60 T8 should enter produced next week. The dealer cannot confirm if it will have the bigger battery or not. From what I have understood we have to cancel our order and place another one and wait again.

It's frustrating to have been waiting 9 months and to receive an outdated model.
It's strange to be outdated and not even entered the production line.

Are there any users that are in this situation ?
flacau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 10:06   #114
segakid

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacau View Post
Volvo updated all PHEV with a bigger battery that should obtain a range of 80km, instead of 50 and a more powerful electric motor with over 140hp.

My new x60 T8 should enter produced next week. The dealer cannot confirm if it will have the bigger battery or not. From what I have understood we have to cancel our order and place another one and wait again.

It's frustrating to have been waiting 9 months and to receive an outdated model.

V60 rather than XC60 but I had to cancel and reorder to get the updated battery. I did read someone else say they ordered in July and have been told they will get the bigger battery with delivery in Jan though. So it seems to be dependent purely on the build week you car is coming in. Mine was supposed to be ready in November originally. I suspect that was unlikely to happen and so could have just waited maybe and it would have slipped into Jan and into the new spec anyway. But I wasn’t going to risk it.
segakid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to segakid For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 10:07   #115
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacau View Post

From what I experienced when my own car was ordered and manufactured, the Volvo production lines 're-tool' for the new production year cars (in this case MY22) during the summer shutdowns (August/September time) with any car built after that time being built to the new model year spec. Building cars to 2 model year specs within the same factory would be too costly and could cause to production issues.
If your car is going into production next week, it 'should' be the MY22 spec which includes the larger battery and more powerful electric motor.

I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 11:20   #116
Ian.7878

Hi all, i was on Monday of last week that the dates for my car would be entering build 6-8th Oct and shipping 10 - 20, Today i have just had an update from the dealership to say the car is now built and awaiting shipping to the UK!!!
The car was ordered back in June, with an est delivery back then of the 1st sept, so a month and a half delay extra!

So looking forward to seeing it soon
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 20:42   #117
sculliod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
Hi all, i was on Monday of last week that the dates for my car would be entering build 6-8th Oct and shipping 10 - 20, Today i have just had an update from the dealership to say the car is now built and awaiting shipping to the UK!!!
The car was ordered back in June, with an est delivery back then of the 1st sept, so a month and a half delay extra!

So looking forward to seeing it soon
Good luck with that mine was ordered around the same time just had this in via the dealer

China factory vehicle transit delays, due to lack of train availability. We have been informed of transit delays affecting S90 and XC60 PHEV’s from China. Orders will now arrive via ocean vessel and need to be re-routed via Chinese sea ports. Please monitor all orders as the delivery dates in Vista will recalculate each time a vehicle moves. Currently a number of cars have not moved for an extended period and planned dates are not reliable. We apologise for this additional inconvenience at a time when there are already a host of delivery related issues”

So we wait and see!
sculliod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 22:06   #118
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculliod View Post
Good luck with that mine was ordered around the same time just had this in via the dealer

China factory vehicle transit delays, due to lack of train availability. We have been informed of transit delays affecting S90 and XC60 PHEV’s from China. Orders will now arrive via ocean vessel and need to be re-routed via Chinese sea ports. Please monitor all orders as the delivery dates in Vista will recalculate each time a vehicle moves. Currently a number of cars have not moved for an extended period and planned dates are not reliable. We apologise for this additional inconvenience at a time when there are already a host of delivery related issues”

So we wait and see!
That message has been floating around since the start of September 😂 usually a 22 day lead time from China is now taking at least double that time…
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 11:04   #119
RandolphC

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
That message has been floating around since the start of September 😂 usually a 22 day lead time from China is now taking at least double that time…
There are big delays for all sea-borne exports from China due to the main ports working on reduced manpower due to C19 and a worldwide shortage of containers, if Volvo use dedicated car carrying ships then not such a problem but if using containers then more delays will occur.
RandolphC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 14:26   #120
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandolphC View Post
There are big delays for all sea-borne exports from China due to the main ports working on reduced manpower due to C19 and a worldwide shortage of containers, if Volvo use dedicated car carrying ships then not such a problem but if using containers then more delays will occur.
The 22 day lead time quoted was by rail... they are now sending everything by sea because their rail road solution is now being used by the whole industry. Why they decided to manufacture every recharge model in China is beyond me. They wouldn't have these issues with shipping if they had just made everything in Sweden like they used to. As always with these manufacturers now, they look for the cheapest solution and they will lose customers because of it
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote