Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Uttoxeter

Views : 16509

Replies : 52

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 11th, 2021, 22:05   #21
omc 47
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootandy View Post
I went to this event this morning, having never been to a Volvo club rally before, sadly I shall never be going to another, we turned up early not in a Volvo, (currently restoring an Amazon) the steward on the entrance was at best ignorant and rude, I’ve been a member of many classic car clubs throughout the years and can honestly say that was the least friendly reception I’ve ever received!
Shame….
Don't depair,
it's often the case that the gate person has been put in a bad mood or someone got out of bed the wrong side.
l remember volunteering to marshall a classic car show and turning up in my 940 the organiser said "Hardly a Classic is it"......he of course owned an E type as well as other variants.My reply was "My TR4 is not available and my Amazon is still being restored........ and l have come to help you".
I find Volvo folk very helpful and extremely friendly so please be patient, l live near Evesham so we could compare notes on the Amazon...we are not too far away.
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 22:07   #22
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
Just home from Uttoxeter and want to thank all the organisers for an excellent day. Made most welcome by many folks and the icing on the cake was my C70 coming second in its class.
Congratulations, 'ITSv40', I'm sorry that we missed you. It was a good turnout, wasn't it? I didn't submit my V70, as I felt that the judges might not regard it's obvious 'patina' with the same fondness that I do! It did cross my mind that it might be helpful to have some way of identifying fellow forum members at events such as today's, or do you think they might prefer to retain the anonimity that a 'virtual' presence permits?

Regards, John.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 22:31   #23
Simmy
Premier Member

there are lots of photographs of todays bkv event .posted on torquevolvo by stephen evans he is one of the great volvo folk i spoke about in a prievious post .great photos as always stephen evans
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 22:47   #24
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
Congratulations, 'ITSv40', I'm sorry that we missed you. It was a good turnout, wasn't it? I didn't submit my V70, as I felt that the judges might not regard it's obvious 'patina' with the same fondness that I do! It did cross my mind that it might be helpful to have some way of identifying fellow forum members at events such as today's, or do you think they might prefer to retain the anonimity that a 'virtual' presence permits?

Regards, John.
John, thank you for your kind sentiment. I only decided to enter the car for judging, once there, as I am not a trophy hunter or a propshaft polisher - I just like to have a clean car in nice condition and all factory spec. It was therefore a pleasant surprise to be among the award winners.

I did also think that the missing part of the day was not being able to identify fellow forum members there - even if we missed each other in person, it would be good to be able to identify each other's cars. Perhaps a little identifying note in the windscreen would be useful; at least we might be able to put a car to a forum name in the future.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 22:58   #25
Dippydog
Premier Member

Yes had an excellent day.I took the 960 down while my step daughter,her daughter and granddaughters went in my V70.Did notice quite a few 9xx's[saloons] had a chrome piece on the boot lid just above number plate,can't recall having seen those before and others had boot spoilers fitted-could quite fancy one of those but imagine them to be fairly pricey.Will have a look on Torquevolvo shortly to see the pictures and have a look see if either-or both-of mine make an appearance.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 23:25   #26
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Had an amazing day at Uttoxeter, everyone was super friendly and the cars presented were stunning....absolutely something for everyone. Weather was kind, food was excellent and everyone seemed to have had a great day.

Huge thank you to the organisers, you did an incredible job....the hard standing was to capacity with Volvos- not sure of the numbers in attendance but it seemed a 'sell out'....loved every minute of it. Was pleased to get a complimentary wash on arrival too by the Race Course sprinkler system lol.

I took a few pics throughout the day....below is a small selection. The rest can be viewed and downloaded from Flickr following this LINKY:

VOC BKV Uttoxeter PHOTO ALBUM

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 23:42   #27
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
John, thank you for your kind sentiment. I only decided to enter the car for judging, once there, as I am not a trophy hunter or a propshaft polisher - I just like to have a clean car in nice condition and all factory spec. It was therefore a pleasant surprise to be among the award winners.

I did also think that the missing part of the day was not being able to identify fellow forum members there - even if we missed each other in person, it would be good to be able to identify each other's cars. Perhaps a little identifying note in the windscreen would be useful; at least we might be able to put a car to a forum name in the future.
yes it can be difficult to match members to cars. made even more so as they wander away from there own cars to look at other cars which are being shown plus the folk who just like to go to car shows milling around . but if you go to enough events you will learn some faces and recognise cars and number plates .and talk with like minded volvo club members . the volvo family is huge
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 11:57   #28
yostumpy

Didn't know this was on.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 14:03   #29
REG122S

Default Thank you to the organisers and helpers!!

Just to say a big thank you to all the organisers and helpers of the BKV yesterday! I for one had an enjoyable day meeting known and new faces!
REG122S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REG122S For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 14:36   #30
skippyfox
VOC Member

Some great photos by Stephen Evans of the day. well worth a scroll through on the flicker link. 400 plus...
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post: