Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 CVM (closed velocity module) replacement

Views : 3241

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 22nd, 2022, 14:06   #1
Emma179

Smile V40 CVM (closed velocity module) replacement

My Volvo v40 1.6d has had ‘urgent SRS service warning light on’. Our usual non Volvo mechanic suggested further diagnostics and we took to dealer who has diagnosed as ‘SRS system service message on DIM. Read off DTC’s. DTC’s for CVM not communicating with SRS, check CVM, connections and supply all ok. Voltages ok. Carry out CVM reload S/w fault remains. Requires replacement CVM.

Price to fix was over £600 for new part and labour which I will struggle to afford at the moment and so I’ve brought car home for now to explore if the unit can be reconditioned / I can buy a used part and get it fitted by our mechanic.

Anyone had this before? A search of the forum didn’t yield any results. Any advice gratefully received. Fault codes below in case it helps
Thank you for reading

BCM-U01500 lost commas with restraint control module -DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CEM-B103C1C right headlight control general electrical failures - circuit voltage out of range DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CEM-B103C1C LEFT headlight control general electrical failures - circuit voltage out of range DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CVM-U002800 vehicle comma bus A - DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CVM-U03004A internal control module software incompatibility system internal failures - incorrect component installed DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CVM-U041568 invalid data received from brake control module algorithm based failures - event information DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

ECM-U016700 Lost comes with vehicle immobiliser control module - DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

PSCM-U041568 invalid data received from anti lock brake system control module - algorithm based failures event information DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

SRS-U002888 - vehicle communication bus A bus signal / message failures - bus off DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

SRS-u023500 lost communication with closing velocity module DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

SRS-U100456 software incompatibility with closing velocity module - system programming failures - invalid / incompatible configuration DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE
Emma179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2022, 14:34   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma179 View Post
My Volvo v40 1.6d has had ‘urgent SRS service warning light on’. Our usual non Volvo mechanic suggested further diagnostics and we took to dealer who has diagnosed as ‘SRS system service message on DIM. Read off DTC’s. DTC’s for CVM not communicating with SRS, check CVM, connections and supply all ok. Voltages ok. Carry out CVM reload S/w fault remains. Requires replacement CVM.

Price to fix was over £600 for new part and labour which I will struggle to afford at the moment and so I’ve brought car home for now to explore if the unit can be reconditioned / I can buy a used part and get it fitted by our mechanic.

Anyone had this before? A search of the forum didn’t yield any results. Any advice gratefully received. Fault codes below in case it helps
Thank you for reading

BCM-U01500 lost commas with restraint control module -DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CEM-B103C1C right headlight control general electrical failures - circuit voltage out of range DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CEM-B103C1C LEFT headlight control general electrical failures - circuit voltage out of range DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CVM-U002800 vehicle comma bus A - DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CVM-U03004A internal control module software incompatibility system internal failures - incorrect component installed DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

CVM-U041568 invalid data received from brake control module algorithm based failures - event information DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

ECM-U016700 Lost comes with vehicle immobiliser control module - DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

PSCM-U041568 invalid data received from anti lock brake system control module - algorithm based failures event information DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

SRS-U002888 - vehicle communication bus A bus signal / message failures - bus off DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

SRS-u023500 lost communication with closing velocity module DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE

SRS-U100456 software incompatibility with closing velocity module - system programming failures - invalid / incompatible configuration DTC IS FOUND NOT ACTIVE
The dealer did his best by trying a software reload after he had done his diagnostics , he has given his verdict . You have to assume he done the diagnostics by the book and has come up with the correct cause of the fault.
I would stick with him for a fix , because if he was wrong then they will have to bear the cost ...
You don't want to start again and pay someone else who is not familiar with the systems which are quite complex these days ,The unit requires calibrating when fitted and a software download which only the dealer can do anyway.. In my many years of experience trying to get a cheap fix generally costs a great deal more than the dealer in the long run . This CVM failing not a common problem at all , I have not heard of one failing before .

Has this problem just happened when you were driving around or did you buy the car with this fault?