Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale – Volvo V70 D5 Sport 2008

Views : 792

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 12th, 2022, 12:13   #1
Jaz167

Default For Sale – Volvo V70 D5 Sport 2008

For Sale – Volvo V70 D5 Sport 2008. 210,000 miles (approx.)

Why am I selling?

1. It developed a problem with the auto box whereby it wasn’t selecting properly. I took it to a local garage and they discovered a hose had come off. They replaced it with a generic universal hose, topped up the box and hey presto it worked. They did say I might need to get the genuine Volvo hose. Shortly afterwards I noticed it would occasionally not pick up when in reverse, in particular when reversing under load, like up an incline. Otherwise it seemed fine. This was an issue for me because I need a car that I can 100% rely upon for towing and manoeuvring a caravan.

2. It’s not AWD. This is a great towing car except when on wet grass!

3. The tax was getting a bit pricey for my liking.

I am the owner and registered keeper since 2018. I’ve replaced the car with a Honda CRV and the Volvo has been sat on my driveway for nearly a year (I wasn’t ready to part with it until now).

The MOT expired in December 2021 and the car is currently SORN.

I started it up for the first time in over 6 months yesterday and it sounds great and was able to drive and reverse along my driveway. If you can sort insurance etc. I can think of no reason why it couldn’t be driven away.

Two previous keepers. Some history, in fact I believe the service book is somewhere with lots of stamps. Since I’ve owned it it’s had a new AC compressor and regular oil / filter changes, tyres etc. when required.

Minor damage to nearside mirror casing (doesn’t effect operation) and nearside rear bumper and light (doesn’t effect operation or MOT). Rip to drivers seat.

Tyres are good (rears better than fronts).

All the usual spec you’d expect from a top end premium Volvo including -

Suspension driving modes, Comfort, Sport and Advanced.
Power memory heated and cooling seats.
Duel Climate Control.
Etc.

Last time I drove it it all worked.

I’ve removed the towbar and will be listing that separately.

I have decided to list it here to give someone from the Volvo enthusiast community the opportunity to restore and enjoy this car.

It is ‘sold as seen’. I’ve been totally honest about the car but I cannot guarantee it won’t break down the minute you take it away.

Cash on collection and once exchanged, the car is yours with no warranty given or implied.

Webuyanycar.com say they will give me £1,000 so the best offer in excess of that gets it. I’ll let the post run for a few days and see how it goes.

Please do not contact me unless you are serious and prepared to accept the risks. I want an easy exchange and no messing around.

Link to photos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/2APETP6pqLYZxdHL8
Jaz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2022, 00:01   #2
monkeh
Pain in the backside

With respect, I would take WBAC's offer.

No MOT, unable to test drive it unless it was trade plated...
Appreciate the honesty with the gearing issue though.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeh For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2022, 10:58   #3
Jaz167

Thanks monkeh, you make valid points but, as you say, at least I'm being up front - the car's not perfect but it's 'honest'.

It's not for you and I imagine many others too but there will be some who are prepared to take the risk and enjoy the challenge. Who knows, it's possibly not a big issue or something that someone is prepared to live with.

How many people have shelled out £4,000 for a similar car only to realise later the it has issues. The max you could lose here is £1,000. In reality, I expect a breaker will give at least half that and the wheels are possibly worth the same again.

I'll leave it posted here until the end of the month just in case there's someone who might be interested.

Cheers,

Jaz
Jaz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2022, 20:08   #4
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Seems a fair price - ish - but the problem is you cannot legally drive it with and expired MOT and SORN status (except to a pre-booked MOT test). You seem an honest decent chap in your approach but I would make it clear in the ad that it needs to be collected on a trailer or flatbed. You don't want the hassle of new buyer getting it seized 5 miles down the road (which will be the outcome if plod spot it).

Which is your second problem - WBAC do not collect, you have to get it to their depot.

The reflector will be a minor (advisory) on the MOT.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135

Last edited by Tannaton; May 16th, 2022 at 20:11.
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote