Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

selling a car with finance on it.

Views : 1452

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 25th, 2013, 10:24   #11
dcw
VOC Member

Couldn't you take out a short-term loan to let you immediately pay off the finance? Then you have separated the debt from the car, the car is completely yours to sell, and as soon as you do so you can use the proceeds to clear the loan...

Just a thought

David
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 10:26   #12
ian7675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anadinolin View Post
Its fruad to knowingly sell a car with OUTSTANDING finance unless agreed by the finance company, as others have said, the finance co are the best ones to talk to regards this
I'm aware of that thankyou, there was certainly no mention of me selling it without letting the buyer know or the finance company.
ian7675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 10:40   #13
Anadinolin
VOC Member

Cool, i didnt see mention, so i thought i would add that point just in case
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 11:22   #14
volvorocks
Rodney

Hi Ian

I have just looked at a car with money owing on it, and the seller suggested ''he would pay it off when I paid him''. Cross I was. Obviously I would do checks before parting with any cash,but the fact I wasn't told until the last minute reduces ones confidence in a seller.

Its good you are being upfront, and as others have said have a chat with the finance company. Whilst I would be ok buying a car with money owing on it, if the correct procedure was followed, it adds an extra hassle to a car purchase.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 11:29   #15
ian7675

I wouldn't want to waste a persons time like that so I would mention it in the advert. Personally I wouldn't want someone coming to my house unless I knew they were a serious buyer who knew exactly what they were coming to look at. If the finance company would go for that I would request a letter of proof to show upon a viewing.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 11:33   #16
volvorocks
Rodney

^^^^^^ I agree.

What is it you are selling?

Regards
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 11:37   #17
ian7675

V50 T5 se sport, 2005 model. Granted its not worth a great deal but its still an expense I could do without right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to ian7675 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 11:47   #18
volvorocks
Rodney

^^^^^ Its worth quite a bit i would imagine?

You don't owe more than its worth though do you?

Regards
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 12:03   #19
ian7675

No, its worth more than I owe. I would imagine it's worth £4k or so, maybe less.

Sorry, I should say £4k is still a substantial amount of money, I mean its not worth as much because it's a T5 compared to say a diesel in this day and age.

Last edited by ian7675; Feb 25th, 2013 at 12:06.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 15:29   #20
Backhill1
Master Member

Ian

Just a thought but why not try one of these we buy any car crowds? They will pay of the finance and give you the balance just like trading in no hassle job done in a day.

I wouldn’t use the mob off the Telly but I got a quote when trading in my V50 from a company in Cannock called we buy any vehicle and they were offering me to the penny what the guide said it was worth. So this put me in a better position when buying and saved there.

You just e mail and they will quote you, it will take you 10 mins, and they were very honest. You won’t get top whack but it depends what you’re after I couldn’t be without a car so my only options are trade in or one of these type arrangements.

Also I am very sensible and realistic of what my car was worth, not pulling pie in the sky figures out the air.

Obviously don’t say it mint if its not but when they inspected mine they never changed there quote at all stuck by there offer!
Backhill1 is offline   Reply With Quote