Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Panoramic sunroof

Views : 1642

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2017, 14:00   #1
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Default Panoramic sunroof

Went out to my XC90 just now to check audio (see new look sensus thread) and temperature in car was at melting point, so opened windows and sunroof, when finished I could not get the sun roof to close fully, it kept returning to tilt position, I checked for obstructions but all was clear, after a lot of repeat attempts there was a click from the sun roof switch as though something had dislodged and there was more movement in the switch, it then worked normally and it opens and closes okay now, may have a bit of debris floating about in switch.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2017, 16:00   #2
AndyBG

It got suck...
AndyBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 14:33   #3
steladamo

OK I bring back this topic cause I have had a similar experience which in my case did not rectify on its own.

So I was coming back from a nice drive one evening closed the sunroof when I arrived home and since then never opened again.

The switch will only operate the sunshade but it refuses to open the sunroof. At the beginning I thought it might be related to using two different keys and profiles, but this is not the case. Also it cannot be a fuse problem since both the roof and the sunshade use the same fuse (no 20 if not mistaken).

It has to be a problematic switch, since I hear the sound of the command to open the sunroof but no movement is happening.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem?
Old May 17th, 2021, 22:11   #4
dgomes

Reviving this post.

I too have been experiencing intermitent malfunction of the sunroof commands on my 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription.

When both roof and shade are closed, most of the time it, upon command to open, it opens the shade about 15cm and tilt opens the roof and then stops. Commanding it again to open further, nothing happens...

Eventually it opens the shade all the way but, upon command, it does not open the roof beyond tilt position...

When it is open, both roof and shade or just the shade, the command always work to close them.

But the open command effectiveness vary... most of the times not working to open the shade further than the 15cm or the roof beyond tilt position...

I took to the dealer and, once there, it would not open at all... Later, at home, I managed to luck out an opening... It has been intermitent...

Their diagnostic was to change the Roller Blind (Part# 39824857)... but I am not confident at all... The part alone is US$700+... and, for some reason, I am suspecting that it is not what will solve the problem...

Have anyone experienced something similar? Did/how did you solve it?

Regards,
Daniel

Last edited by dgomes; May 17th, 2021 at 23:58.
dgomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2021, 19:30   #5
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgomes View Post
Reviving this post.

I too have been experiencing intermitent malfunction of the sunroof commands on my 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription.

When both roof and shade are closed, most of the time it, upon command to open, it opens the shade about 15cm and tilt opens the roof and then stops. Commanding it again to open further, nothing happens...

Eventually it opens the shade all the way but, upon command, it does not open the roof beyond tilt position...

When it is open, both roof and shade or just the shade, the command always work to close them.

But the open command effectiveness vary... most of the times not working to open the shade further than the 15cm or the roof beyond tilt position...

I took to the dealer and, once there, it would not open at all... Later, at home, I managed to luck out an opening... It has been intermitent...

Their diagnostic was to change the Roller Blind (Part# 39824857)... but I am not confident at all... The part alone is US$700+... and, for some reason, I am suspecting that it is not what will solve the problem...

Have anyone experienced something similar? Did/how did you solve it?

Regards,
Daniel
That sounds more like a communication issue between whichever module controls the roof, the switch & the motors.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote