Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New engine mount makes all the difference

Views : 24561

Replies : 114

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:38   #21
kane

Wondering if anyone has seen this forum: worth watching the video of different mount comparison:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-mounts-for-us
kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 10:54   #22
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
Engine mount does make a big difference.

Got the vibra-technics and poly insert on mine which is extremely stiff, you get used to the vibration it does hugely improve shift feel and reduce engine shift as well as wheel tramp.

You can also get stiffer top mounts if you frequent the focus forums however that's an engine out job IIRC.
I got the pumaspeed engine mount fitted and it was a big improvement in gear changes are greatly improves the driving feel and no wheel tramping and hardly any (if any) change in vibration a lot of ST owners fitted the pumaspeed mount (I got mine from a group buy) over the other options as they are meant to cause less of a vibration issue...
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 17:04   #23
shumon

I want to change mine sometime too,
sometimes it takes 2 tries to get it into 1st gear but getting it into other gears is fine.
Also get the mechanical noises from changing at lower gears.

But just a little confused about which parts I'll need for my car,
a 55 plate S40 sport 2.0d.

Part A is the lower engine mount, but what's the part that links to it, part B?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engine mount 2.jpg (13.3 KB, 318 views)
shumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 20:55   #24
kane

Which model is it off the pumaspeed website?

Would this one fit?

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-V...1080.jsp&pic=2
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 23:52   #25
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Nope I got this one for my T5

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-N...peed_15758.jsp

As a lot of people on the ST owners site recommended it, in fact a more than a few had issues with the vibratech on and a few changed from the vibratech to the pumaspeed one, it will 100% fit the T5, and I'm 90% sure all the gearbox mounts are the same on the S40's but not 100%
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 20:02   #26
kane

Does anyone know if the mounts are the same across the different engines from the 1.6D to the T5?

I have a 2.0D with a 6 speed box but wouldn't want to buy the wrong mount.
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 22:50   #27
kane

Anyone know if the engine mounts are all the same or any idea how we could find out?
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 23:03   #28
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Anyone know if the engine mounts are all the same or any idea how we could find out?
I'm pretty sure they're the same through the range have a look on c30crew or c30 world as loads on there have fitted the vibratec one and of that fits the pumaspdeeed one will if you want to be sure you could have a butchers under your car
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 23:15   #29
850Chris
Premier Member

I have a vibra-technics one fitted which gives A LOT of vibration under 2000rpm (sometimes feels like car is misfiring!!). However, I put up with it as the engine noise inside the cabin is SOOOOOO much nicer than on the standard mount. You get a proper deep 5 cylinder warble compared to the rather muted engine note on the standard mount. Also, when revs get past 2000rpm things smooth out again.

What kind of engine noise do you get in the cabin from the Pumaspeed mount? If noise is enhanced compared to standard but vibration minimal, then I'd be tempted to change out the vibra-technics for a Pumaspeed.

2004 V50 T5 SE Manual

Now sold, off to BMW land for a while.
850Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:45   #30
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

I noticed the growl from the engine did change sound a bit meater definately better than before, but I got the engine mount fitted at around the same time as the remap so not sure if its the remap or mount.

I know A lot of the ST owners swapped from the vibratech to the pumaspeed one as the vibration was greatly reduced, all I can say is I've not noticed any difference vibration wise, but the gear change and general driving was greatly improved
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post: