Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Order Delays? Order Confirmation? Oct 21

Views : 5543

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 8th, 2021, 17:25   #1

Question New Order Delays? Order Confirmation? Oct 21

Hi Guys,

Appreciate your experiences of ordering a new Volvo car within the last six months.

I placed mine June/July and still have no order confirmation!!! (8th October)

Are people getting their cars through?

Some relief comes in the 2022 spec updates with the 150kW motor and double battery range (60 miles), which mine has been updated to.

Dealers are brilliant in supporting me but just not getting info through from Volvo.

Best

Jon F
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 17:29   #2
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Hi Guys,

Appreciate your experiences of ordering a new Volvo car within the last six months.

I placed mine June/July and still have no order confirmation!!! (8th October)

Are people getting their cars through?

Some relief comes in the 2022 spec updates with the 150kW motor and double battery range (60 miles), which mine has been updated to.

Dealers are brilliant in supporting me but just not getting info through from Volvo.

Best

Jon F
Ordered XC60 T6 Recharge Mid June (from previous early build slot) and mine is still to be delivered yet was manufactured end of July. Volvo very poor at the moment with deliveries.

If yours was a July order it won't be the new engine spec unless you've been given a new build. In which case you'll be lucky to get it this year...
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 21:18   #3
milzibkit

What car have you ordered? We ordered a V60PE in mid July and at the time were told December delivery. We didn't actually want the car until January and told the dealer that at point of order. We were told earlier this week that we will be getting the new battery/electric motor and that the dealer was still hopeful of delivery in January. We don't have a build slot confirmed yet.

I don't have 100% faith in the info from the dealer, but would hope their information is correct.
milzibkit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to milzibkit For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 23:44   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzibkit View Post
What car have you ordered? We ordered a V60PE in mid July and at the time were told December delivery. We didn't actually want the car until January and told the dealer that at point of order. We were told earlier this week that we will be getting the new battery/electric motor and that the dealer was still hopeful of delivery in January. We don't have a build slot confirmed yet.

I don't have 100% faith in the info from the dealer, but would hope their information is correct.
Exactly same unit, full spec in the Grey. So you are in exactly same position as me. Order not yet confirmed and no build or delivery as a result. You will have also slid like me when the dealer reprocessed your order in September to take advantage of the upgrade.

I think we will be lucky to see them for March TBH, esp is we now have to wait another 3m for confirmation. The new PU makes it even more exciting (and frustrating). Although the normal T8 has come up to the PSE horsepower of 455.

Still miffed at the 112mph limit though as were hoping to turn heads on the standing quarter.
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 23:54   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
Ordered XC60 T6 Recharge Mid June (from previous early build slot) and mine is still to be delivered yet was manufactured end of July. Volvo very poor at the moment with deliveries.

If yours was a July order it won't be the new engine spec unless you've been given a new build. In which case you'll be lucky to get it this year...
Wow I’d be bouncing off the walls if I knew it was built. On that basis I’ll be lucky to see mine for July 2022

As said, order has not yet been confirmed and there has no build slot or predicted delivery. Dealer took the initiative to reprocess the order in Sept when the new spec was launched
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 21:57   #6
milzibkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Exactly same unit, full spec in the Grey. So you are in exactly same position as me. Order not yet confirmed and no build or delivery as a result. You will have also slid like me when the dealer reprocessed your order in September to take advantage of the upgrade.

I think we will be lucky to see them for March TBH, esp is we now have to wait another 3m for confirmation. The new PU makes it even more exciting (and frustrating). Although the normal T8 has come up to the PSE horsepower of 455.

Still miffed at the 112mph limit though as were hoping to turn heads on the standing quarter.
I'd be very interested to see yours in the grey when it arrives. I imagine you're a couple of weeks ahead of us. Our dealer hasn't told us anything about the 3 month thing and didn't mention they had reprocessed, I asked them whether we'd get the newer power setup and they confirmed we would.
milzibkit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to milzibkit For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 23:12   #7
Woody2021

Ordered an XC40 R-design B4 at the beginning of July, initial delivery to dealer was 1st Oct. This was on what looked like an official order printout with all the spec etc. At the beginning of Sept that was pushed to 14th Oct, then on Friday they told me 30th.

Dealer very apologetic, apparently I’m “the person on our books who’s been waiting longest”. Not sure how much of that is dealer bs, wonder if from day 1 they knew it wasn’t happening? But I’ve always thought that if I see it before xmas it would be a bonus.
Woody2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Woody2021 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 22:40   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2021 View Post
Ordered an XC40 R-design B4 at the beginning of July, initial delivery to dealer was 1st Oct. This was on what looked like an official order printout with all the spec etc. At the beginning of Sept that was pushed to 14th Oct, then on Friday they told me 30th.

Dealer very apologetic, apparently I’m “the person on our books who’s been waiting longest”. Not sure how much of that is dealer bs, wonder if from day 1 they knew it wasn’t happening? But I’ve always thought that if I see it before xmas it would be a bonus.
I just wonder with Volvo (China) doing the online thing now if they are crapping all over the dealers by de-prioritising them so people buy direct. The Chinese clearly don’t understand the intimacy some of us go through in choosing a new car. It’s not like buying a new set of trainers where you can send them back if they don’t fit.

This happened to Aga (cookers) apparently

I have been told it is the high spec cars suffering the most, again poss BS

Interested if anyone has bought direct (online) and received better delivery commitments
The Following User Says Thank You to 007 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 22:47   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzibkit View Post
I'd be very interested to see yours in the grey
Me too ;-)

I suspect your dealer would only know the length of delay if they had other long standing PE orders. my dealer had no notion it would take this long when I placed it.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 21:00   #10

Order confirmation received today.

Manufacture mid April to be in my hands end April.

Six and a half months, ouch, hope it’s worth the wait