Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1998 V70XC for sale

Views : 2050

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 19th, 2021, 19:47   #1
Spotty Muldoon

Default 1998 V70XC for sale

Evening all,

I'm selling my daily driver silver P80 xc after 3+ trouble free years. Its the 2.5 T auto with black/dark grey leather. With 130K Its been looked after and I have an absolute wodge of service history. It has been 2wd since I bought it in Feb 2018. I have the prop shaft though it needs refurbing (was qouted £400 for this).
Cambelt was replaced in May 2019 and the car is fine in all respects. I have a DAB radio fitted and it has private reg (P80 SOC). I'm after £1500 for this really honest car.
I have many photos so please PM me (but only if you are truly serious).I cannot stand to be be mucked about and I havent got it advertised anywhere else as I believe Volvo owners are always gentlemen/women.
Thanks for looking.
Spotty Muldoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 11:03   #2
londonvolvos

Morning,

Not permitted to send PMs yet so could you please send me some photos on 07845sixsixfourfivesixfour?

Much appreciated,

Jacob
londonvolvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 19:20   #3
Spotty Muldoon

Whatsapp message and phots sent.
Old Jul 31st, 2021, 12:06   #4
drjohnson666

Hi, Can you Whapsapp the photos over to me please 07941149330 and also what town is the car located ? Yours Dave
drjohnson666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 19:10   #5
Spotty Muldoon

[QUOTE=Spotty Muldoon;2754873]Evening all,

I'm selling my daily driver silver P80 xc after 3+ trouble free years. Its the 2.5 T auto with black/dark grey leather. With 130K Its been looked after and I have an absolute wodge of service history. It has been 2wd since I bought it in Feb 2018. I have the prop shaft though it needs refurbing (was qouted £400 for this).
Cambelt was replaced in May 2019 and the car is fine in all respects. I have a DAB radio fitted and it has private reg (P80 SOC). I'm after £1500 for this really honest car.
I have many photos so please PM me (but only if you are truly serious).I cannot stand to be be mucked about and I havent got it advertised anywhere else as I believe Volvo owners are always gentlemen/women.
Thanks for looking.[/QUOTE

I have clearly overpriced this car as it is till here with only 1 serious enquiry thus far. I need it gone ASAP and am really open to offers-As I have now got a replacement gem that i just couldnt pass up.
I am going to remove the DAB and private No but am sure there must be somebody out there for this rare ish vehicle?
Come on peeps dont make go to the bay of shame.....
Car is in Plymouth.
MOT due Jan 2022.
I cant PM as I havent enough posts.
It needs to go and I'm not greedy.
Old Sep 24th, 2021, 09:00   #6
Nick45

On the face of it, the car isn't over-priced at all. A friend recently sold his XC for £1800 on an ebay classified ad to the first viewer and it had done 186k and was certainly no minter. Another couple hae passed through ebay recently - also 2wd - for around £1800 to £2k.

The problem might be that at the moment, you're only advertising it to an audience of people who all have P80 platform cars already and, times being what they are, forum members aren't necessarily building collections or amassing fleets of 850s and V70s anymore. Your location is also against you.

Maybe a few photos to show folks what they're missing might help too? If you want to advertise selectively, I would consider car and classic.com. It doesnt tend to be a playground for messers in my experience and will have an appreciative audience for cars like this.

Hope helpful, Nick.
Nick45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2021, 12:58   #7
Spotty Muldoon

Thanks for that Nick, Ive taken on your points and your'e right I shall get it on Eb*y and get it sorted. Thanks for taking the time.
BR
Spotty.
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 01:35   #8
rabbitrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotty Muldoon View Post
Evening all,

I have the prop shaft though it needs refurbing (was qouted £400 for this).
Could you expand further on what is meant by 'refurbing' please, for me that could be a decider to buy or not.
240 GLE 2.3 Estate, 740 GLE 2.3 Estate, 440 Turbo, 760 GLE 2.8 (V6) Estate
rabbitrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 19:48   #9
Spotty Muldoon

Hello. my car was 2wd when bought and previous owner didnt know any different. The prop shaft was bought seperatley on ebay after a long waiting time for 1 to come up.The only other one available off the shelf in europe (which was £650+) actually wasnt on the shelf in Germany when I enquired.
so I sent it off to Propshaft services and they reckoned on £400 to re-balance and sort it-but that it was perfectly doable. Having lived with the 2 WD and taken advice I decided to not go ahead and they returned the unit to me.
The car is now on Ebay.
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 08:30   #10
amazondean
amazondean

Hello, I see the car is on ebay. I have just seen that it is the even rarer two tone paint work, or has this been resprayed at some point?

Also you note that it is losing water. have you checked the carpet in the passenger foot well, as the heater matrix eventually leaks and causes the carpet to get wet.

I think this is going to go very cheap, as you are located way down south and you didn't manage to get the all important "XC" in your main ebay title. This is indeed a very rare car! I hope it doesn't get broke for bits!
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amazondean For This Useful Post: