Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

pv 544 OR 444 WANTED

Views : 2132

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 19:35   #11
old fart
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPVPV View Post
I spent a lot of time humming and hahing and watching the few PVs that were being bought and sold as they moved from eBay to Car and Classic or vice versa. I finally decided on a 1964 Sport that was first registered in the UK in 2011 and had Neil Oatley of McClaren fame among its illustrious owners. Buying was very straightforward but my wife tells me that the sellers were somewhat bemused by the fact that I intended to drive it back to Holmfirth from Herefordshire the long way, particularly when they noticed that I had set off in third. It survived the trip and so did I. My first impressions were of a rather fierce clutch and rather gentle brakes. I seem to have got used to the clutch and plan for the brakes but a disc conversion is on my longer term "to do" list.
So far it has met my expectations and feels like a car that could comfortably be used on shorter journeys - I use it most days and possibly for longer ones more occasionally.
I think it has had some good treatment by its previous owners but most original features have been retained.
Great that you've found one, you won't regret it. I've had mine for 4 years now, also a '64, and brought up to at least sport spec by previous owner, done several thousand miles in it, including in Europe. Won't be selling it.
If you're on facebook go on PVUK with some piccies and see a few others.
Regards, Andy.
old fart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to old fart For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 20:17   #12
PVPVPV

Default Lovely car but two would be greedy!

I love the blue of your car but am content with just the one - thanks
PVPVPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 09:27   #13
arcturus
arcturus

Quote:
I love the blue of your car but am content with just the one - thanks
The price would have to be "very right" to get me to part with it!
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 13:32   #14
simon roberts

500 escudos?😜
simon roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 17:30   #15
kishor kassie

Default PVs

Quote:
Hello I am looking for a PV for every day use. Really looking for a car with a B18 engine 4 speed gearbox and 12v electrics - so a later PV544 or a PV444 that has been "upgraded". I already have a fragile 1950s car (not a Volvo) in the garage so this one has to need maintenance rather than a rebuild.
I am not really in the market for a rally car - quite happy with single carb performance. New to this forum and almost to Volvos. Only previous ownership a 164 - totally reliable apart from sun roof (shouldn't have gone through that car wash!) but not really my style of car.
Hi.
I have a couple of PVs, one 1953 444, B14B, runner needing welding only to use thereafter, an IMMACULATE PV544, perhaps the best around currently, 1964, ready to go anywhere, 2 x PVs that require finishing but start and drive. Call me, Kassie 07828879494
kishor kassie is offline   Reply With Quote