Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help!!!

Views : 1019

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 28th, 2020, 17:58   #1
D6Stevie

Default Help!!!

Long story short, no requirement to tell me anything about how good or bad any exhaust places are!!
Where can I obtain
A diagram showing on the volvo c30 1.6D the turbo to DPF join?
I am fully aware there is no gasket yet kwik
Fit (who can't obtain one through volvo) are
Adamant there is. Which is actually not even an issue. 😂🙈
I will explain all
Later.
Old Aug 28th, 2020, 22:49   #2
Dancake
Premier Member

Of the couple that I've worked on there is no gasket. However there is a clamp that can become damaged if it isn't removed carefully. If you refit a damaged clamp there's a good chance that it won't seal properly, resulting in heavy soot build up on the heatshields and turbo. Worst case scenario is you'll need to buy a replacement clamp costing less than £5.
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dancake For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 29th, 2020, 08:51   #3
D6Stevie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancake View Post
Of the couple that I've worked on there is no gasket. However there is a clamp that can become damaged if it isn't removed carefully. If you refit a damaged clamp there's a good chance that it won't seal properly, resulting in heavy soot build up on the heatshields and turbo. Worst case scenario is you'll need to buy a replacement clamp costing less than £5.
The issue which is causing problems is simply incompetent dishonest staff at Kwik-Fit in Ayr, Prestwick Road branch.
Saga started last week, called them to
Supply and fit an exhaust simple enough. I was assured on phone and at drop off the exhaust would be the same as on car with the nice chrome R~Design tailpipe.
Fitter called me at 3 to say wrong exhaust. 4 he phoned said that car was ready for collection.
Arrived kwik fit wrong pipe entirely! They admitted bending hangers and having a struggle to fit it.... all whilst knowing it was the wrong part!
Any fast forward 9 days they obtained proper Volvo part, from Volvo. The DPF to turbo join now leaks horrendously, so much your eyes nip inside car. Which kindly they state on their own invoice that it did not leak there on delicery and does now.
'Master Technician' diagnosed a gasket failure there.... despite my assurance there indeed was not one there.
Upshot is even the new exhaust does not fit properly tailpipe which apparently had to be cut to fit now sits behind bumper and exhaust belches fumes into cab. It goes to another kwikfit next week no idea why but it is quite ludicrous now.
Old Aug 29th, 2020, 11:36   #4
Dancake
Premier Member

There is a gasket between the DPF and the exhaust flexi section, but as mentioned above there isn't one between the turbo and DPF. The clamp between the DPF and the turbo has either been damaged, or the DPF has been incorrectly refitted. There is also a steel band/clamp around the middle of the DPF that can be loosened to help align the DPF with both the exhaust and the turbo. In an ideal scenario there should be no need to touch this, but given the fact that there was an attempt to make an incorrect part fit, the techs at Kwik Fit may have loosened this clamp to try to relieve stress on the exhaust system. If the clamp is subsequently tightened with the two halves of the DPF/CAT out of alignment, you will get a leak between the DPF and the turbo. I would also be quite concerned about the new genuine Volvo exhaust not fitting correctly. If it's an OEM part there should be absolutely no issues with fitment, and certainly no need to cut the tailpipe.
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 20:43   #5
Pete-V70 D5 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancake View Post
Which is what i have grrrr. Does anyone have a part no and name for the clamp that goes dpf to turbo? I have seen similar but they seem to be for the exhaust end of dpf under car.
Pete-V70 D5 2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 08:40   #6
PNM

Have you looked on the klarius Web catalogue? They have exhaust diagrams with part numbers. You just need to register (for free) to view them http://webcat.klarius.eu/catalogue
PNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 10:04   #7
Pete-V70 D5 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM View Post
Have you looked on the klarius Web catalogue? They have exhaust diagrams with part numbers. You just need to register (for free) to view them http://webcat.klarius.eu/catalogue
Thanks good idea that always handy to have catalogue access. Bit clunky tho and vague. My clamp (twixt DPF/Turbo V50 2010 1.6 Drive) there is a PGP72 it seems to just go onto another page for citroen exhausts instead of giving the actual part you just clicked. Be handy if you could do it by reg.

Eurocarparts listed a two piece clamp (good deals on at the mo with half term code) by reg a few weeks back which I got and is no good as it doesnt tighten up enough. Now its listing the proper part it seems but even then last night it said it wasnt compatible with my V50 and now it is LOL Klarius Exhaust Clamp Product Code: 712545581

I did just buy one from https://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/ last night
which seemed a lot better as you could click the actual part on the schematic and the part would show up onscreen. Here the part is apparently part no EMCP003 which I ordered. Bit late but just checked their reviews and looking dodgy of late so fingers crossed.
Pete-V70 D5 2003 is offline   Reply With Quote