Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Segin 17” alloys with 235/65R17 Michelin Latitude Alpin

Views : 637

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 18:57   #1
TeamG
Master Member

Default XC60 Segin 17” alloys with 235/65R17 Michelin Latitude Alpin

Hi all, due to a change in work circumstances (and a blowout on one of my summer 18” Conti’s today), I’ve decided to sell my winter wheels and tyres.

Wheels are Volvo Segin 17” alloys with the code 7.5JX17H2X55. I can confirm that these fit a 2017 XC60 D4 AWD R-Design with sufficient clearance. The alloys are in excellent condition and bought of a chap on here who clearly looked after them and kept them spotless. There aren’t any curbing marks, but they do have evidence of being handled and fitted. Saying that, they are in better condition paint wise that my original wheels and have clearly been cleaned and waxed often.

The tyres are Michelin Latitude Alpine 235/65R17 which are a match for my 235/60R18 summers in terms of rolling circumference. They make the car feel a little smoother, have great kerb clearance and are nice to drive with. Treads are all around 4mm and the tyres are starting to age. I was going to use this winter and then change them next Autumn.

I also have four new Volvo silver centre caps that I bought last winter and the wheel tree that the previous wheel owner gave me.

The reason that I’m selling these is due to a change in my work. The last couple of years, I’d drive around 1600 miles per year and I had my 18” summer wheels and then the 17” winters. My tyres tend to need changing based on age rather than tread, as I also drive defensively rather than sportingly. I was hoping to get another winter out of those and summer out of the summers before changing any.

I’ve now started a new project in work that will add 45,000 work miles each year for the next three (Penarth-London three times each week). My wife also had a blowout on a rear tyre this morning (summer Conti with 5mm tread remaining at 30,000 miles). The sidewall text was showing signs of micro-cracking around the characters and it blew at the outer curve of the ‘C’. I therefore don’t trust them and will replace the set and given the winters will need changing part-way through this winter given my new mileage, I’ve decided to just change the summers for all-seasons and be done with it. That much travel will add so many hours to my week that I now need to minimise any maintenance time that I normally do.

If there is interest on here, I’ll take some photos in the week and post them up. If not, I’ll post on ebay.

Wheels, tyres, new centre caps and wheel tree. Offers via DM and collect yourself or arrange a courier. Collection in Penarth (just a couple of miles South of Cardiff) or when I’ve started the new role in West Ruislip as an alternative.
2008 V50 2.0D SE (sold)
TeamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 22:20   #2
HDAV
Master Member

Stick an advert up personally I’d run them and use the tread that’s left 45k a year will eat tyres and chances of a blow out increase not decrease in doing the same but for the opposite reason my mileage has dropped so going for a single set of tyres.

Realistically how much life left in the car doing 45k a year? 2/3?
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote